simbo501 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
[h1]"spark music large black strap,when will it be in stock?"[/h1]

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,952
     Superuser
    This is not information available on a user forum. You would need to contact Support directly for this. Since TT is no longer in the wearables market and is not producing new watches straps are probably getting to be in low supply, so it make take awhile to get one. You can also look on Amazon or eBay. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • djlegge
    djlegge Registered Users Posts: 14
    Apprentice Traveler
    I think they have stock now as they have just sent me one for delivery tomorrow. It took them three weeks to get round to it so maybe they ran out and just took delivery of new stock.
    @tfarabaugh maybe you know something I don't but while it may not be the case for much longer, I'd say TT are still in the wearables market at the moment because they are still selling and promoting the watches !
    Regardless of whether they are or are not, they will still have to honour their warranty commitments as a company so they will have to be in a position to supply the straps for some time to come, I would have thought.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,952
     Superuser
    djlegge wrote:
    I think they have stock now as they have just sent me one for delivery tomorrow. It took them three weeks to get round to it so maybe they ran out and just took delivery of new stock.
    @tfarabaugh maybe you know something I don't but while it may not be the case for much longer, I'd say TT are still in the wearables market at the moment because they are still selling and promoting the watches !
    Regardless of whether they are or are not, they will still have to honour their warranty commitments as a company so they will have to be in a position to supply the straps for some time to come, I would have thought.
    This was announced months ago:

https://www.wareable.com/tomtom/tomtom-leaving-wearables-4818

https://www.digitaltrends.com/wearables/tomtom-gps-focus/

You can Google the rest. They are selling through their stock but not producing any new devices.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • djlegge
    djlegge Registered Users Posts: 14
    Apprentice Traveler
    @tfarabaugh Sorry - I think we have our wires crossed. I know they announced that they are leaving the market (months ago !) but my point is that they are still selling devices, so they have not 'left the market' yet.

The latest firmware update (1.7.62) was released specifically for "Issues with the heart rate sensor on watches that haven't left the factory yet" - 2 months after the announcement.

The factory in China may or may not be manufacturing watches or straps anymore, I don't know. However, since they went to the trouble of setting up a website for strap replacement (again, after those announcements) I think they are serious about protecting their brand by honouring their (legal in the EU) warranty commitments to watches that they have sold and indeed are still selling. It is surely cheaper for them to keep on producing new straps than to issue refunds for watches.