How to copy "My Places" from Go50 to "My Drive" — TomTom Community

How to copy "My Places" from Go50 to "My Drive"

Hi
I have searched the web hi and low to find a way to copy / back up "My Places" stored on my Go50 to my computer or the web app.
The help topics http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15190/related/1 says I should access "Manage Community Content" via the app Icon. When I go to the link I only get.
  • View Updates
  • Settings
  • Quit
What is wrong?

224d09e7-e1ad-4c0e-8955-63f029fe6323.png

I need to do updates but I don't want to perform the updates until I have backed up my personal data on my device in case the update goes wrong! (not unheard of!!)

The only other instructions I can find are how to copy "My Places" from the web account to my Go 50. There seems to be no way to copy from my device to my account!?

This was all so simple with the old Tom-tom "Home" application. :-(

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    Are you logged into MyDrive on the device using the same user id/pw as you use to log into MyDrive (NOT MyDriveConnect)? If so, your 'My Places' data should sync with the MD app.
  • gilesbrachergilesbracher Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi dhn,

Thanks for getting back to me. Hmm I have never connected my device to MyDrive via my phone!!! Is that how it is done rather than via a cable on my computer? I will check it out.

Since posting I have read that sync wont take place if there is less than 400MB of space left on the disc. I only have 200MB so may be that is why? Doesn't help me to back up though?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,960 Superusers
    Hi
    As dhn says
    The MyDrive Web Route planner....
    See... https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    Is the program to sync your Data between your devices

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

One more question, I'm doing this inside on my wifi to save data. But when I connected my GPS to my iPhone via BlueTooth it kicked my phone off the wifi forcing me to use data! Is Data the only way to connect my Go50 to "My Drive" online?

Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,960 Superusers
    Hi
    @gilesbracher
    Re... Your NAV4 GO 50....
    I find it best for the initial syncing to be over USB Cable, the transfer is almost instant, especially large .Ov2 files or large numbers of POI files (I run 107 POI on my devices)
    (1)... You will need your device connected to you PC via a Tomtom USB cable...
    (2)... MyDriveConnect running in the background
    (3)... The MyDriveRoute Planner running, to be able to add whatever data you want to synchronize across you device/s
    (4)... If you have multiple devices you can only connect one device at a time over USB... Each device must be logged into the MyDrive menu on the device with the same Email address and Password that you used for the MyDriveConnect account

The MyDrive Menu path on the devices.....
    NAV4 devices............ MyDrive Menu path = (....Menu) > Tomtom Services > MyDrive
    NAV5 (Wifi) devices.... MyDrive Menu path = (....Menu) > Settings > MyDrive

The MyDriveRoute Planner HERE... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'