XXL question-no longer able to update software or maps — TomTom Community

XXL question-no longer able to update software or maps

MidlanderMidlander Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I just updated the TomTom Home software and got the message about my XXL being no longer able to update software or maps. That's fine but now the Operate My XXL option is grayed out? Will TomTom Home not at least still let me access my XXL. If not, that stinks.

Comments

• MidlanderMidlander Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    And if not, is there a way to roll back to the last working version of TomTom Home so I keep using it to operate my XXL if it is plugged into my computer?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,892
    Superuser
    @Midlander

To 'trick' Home into getting a version of Home that still works with the emulator, see the steps below:

1) Uninstall TomTom Home
    2) Download last "good" version from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe
    3) Install it without running ie, uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes
    4) Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    5) Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.10.91.411"
    6) Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running future version 2.10.94.411 and therefore not pull updates.
  • MidlanderMidlander Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, that worked! Periodically, TomTom updates TomTom Home. If that happens, I'm assuming that will cause an automatic update recreating the issue. If that occurs, can I just follow the same steps but change the version number in the application.ini file to reflect whatever the version number is after the automatic update, and then uninstall it and reload 2.9.9.411?

I wish TomTom had the foresight to account for this automatically for users of older, but otherwise fully functioning, devices so that it would automatically keep us at the last working version for our devices since they are perfectly good otherwise.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,892
    Superuser
    @Midlander

The change (stage 5) I suggested will mean that unless TomTom issue a new version greater than 2.10 the you will not have to do anything :)