Upgrade has stopped syncing — TomTom Community

Upgrade has stopped syncing

JZO'BrienJZO'Brien Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I have recently upgraded the software on my Tom Tom Spark device and since doing this my watch will no longer sync with my mobile device. We spent hours trying to get this to work on Saturday and it finally did sync after reading many ideas / forums and then yesterday it would get to 9% and stop.

My mobile device can see my watch but we cannot get it to sync.

All the forums say that it would need a factory reset and I'm going to be furious if I have to lose 2 years of activity data due to a software upgrade.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,390
    Superusers
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in so everything is saved on MySports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and MySports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.

You have to have location series turned on on your phone in order to sync, so look at that first. If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated (it has been over three months so I would not hold my breath). In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you may lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • IshiIshi Posts: 32 [Outstanding Explorer]
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in so everything is saved on MySports

Regarding the above comment, if the activity hasn't synched at all (neither on an App nor on Tomtom sports connect), and you reset the watch, the non-synched activities are deleted on the watch and lost and gone forever, right?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,390
    Superusers
    Ishi wrote:
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in so everything is saved on MySports
    Regarding the above comment, if the activity hasn't synched at all (neither on an App nor on Tomtom sports connect), and you reset the watch, the non-synched activities are deleted on the watch and lost and gone forever, right?
    That is correct.