Can't pair TT Runner with Moto G5 — TomTom Community

Can't pair TT Runner with Moto G5

SpookyStarSpookyStar Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I got a new Moto G5 in November and haven't been able to pair my tomtom runner to it. I kept expecting a new software or app update that would fix it but it hasn't happened. I have tried all the usual things of restarting phone and Bluetooth, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, running the battery flat and recharging it. Nothing that I've tried has worked. I'm getting really fed up with it now, can anyone suggest something I may not have tried?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated (it has been over five months so I would not hold my breath). In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you may lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features. They may also be able to put you on 1.7.64, which is in beta and supposedly fixes the issues.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SpookyStarSpookyStar Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you, I did realise it was posted about it a lot but couldn't find a conclusion. I guess the answer is that they don't know what to do and can't really be bothered to try. I hate the disposable society that thinks it's acceptable for a watch that is only 2 years old be thrown out and replaced. :rage:

Thank you for your help, yes I have been syncing via the computer, it's a hassle though.