MapShare Reporter v3.0 releasing soon — TomTom Community

MapShare Reporter v3.0 releasing soon

VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,153 TomTom Moderator
edited January 29 in Map quality
Hello all:smiley:

We will be releasing a new version of MapShare reporter which will start showing fresh maps with a new look and feel.

The map data will be aligned with our weekly release and will have a freshness of one week instead of 4 months. It means the map data gets updated on a weekly basis.

Regards
Vikram:relaxed:

Comments

• miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,139 Superusers
    Great! And what about when i warn for a speed modification directly on my go6200. Because it seems that now, nobody take care of that! Somme speed limit that i have modified years ago is still in mistake!
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,831 Superusers
    That's great news! Being able to report on an up-to-date map is a big improvement in efficiency.

@miketorcy Reporting on the device itself never really worked for me. Reports never got implemented into new maps. With the Map Share Reporter tool however, almost all reports got implemented. So I would recommend to use that tool rather than reporting on the device directly.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 326 [Supreme Pioneer]
    The ability to sear for all submissions ever submitted instead of a date range would be nice.

However, it's more import to analyse and accept the submissions done FOC by users instead of updating the system.

Over the years, I've submitted a few updates but as none of them so far have ever been accepted. I can't see the point of wasting my time submitting other changes so I haven't! There are a number of necessary changes in my area but I see no point in wasting my time submitting them if they are ignored.

For the record, the last changes I made were to the speed limits of a busy dual carriageway A road that has 1,000s of vehicles every day. I cannot believe that I'm the only TomTom user that has submitted the changes in speed which occurred several years ago.
    Hi, reports of speed limit corrections seems to take much longer indeed for now. All other report types do get processed quickly in my experience.
  • sir_clasir_cla Posts: 38 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I continually propose changes to the maps through map share. I do not understand why some are rejected.

I would propose a ranking by user, a score, where the best and most accurate signalers are rewarded, who spend a lot of time trying to improve the tomtom service. And maybe, give the reports of these users, more importance.

I would say that it would be important to put a pin A and a pin B, beginning and ending, in the road closure requests, sometimes not all roads are closed in full.

Furthermore, if there is a fair or an event, how do you propose a closure? If tomorrow, for a party, I know that a road is closed, it must be proposed, accepted and immediately inserted on the map!
  • KangarooKangaroo Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Sounds like I am not the only one that has given up reporting to a non-responding faceless Tom. Promises...............Promises..................
  • GrahamacGrahamac Posts: 61 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Any idea when?
  • IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Better Map Share Reporter? Cool! : ) Always appreciated!

However, it would be a good idea to have a feedback from your engineer if he decides to reject a report. Maybe he could ask follow up questions? Maybe he needed more information, who would know, right?

Moreover, it would be a good idea to show SPOTS/places in a very zoomed in places which are FULL of reports. Maybe it's a compromise, you don't show tickets of others but you let others know that something is happening here.

If I would knew that this street was reported 100 times, I wouldn't report it again.

And finally, once again, feedback, a piece of advice, what could be done better, what does he or she not understand, etc.
  • BerrHunterBerrHunter Posts: 296 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    It would be a good thing if you were able to edit a report (if only for a few hours) after the fact because I accidently put an incorrect entry in map share then realised moments later it was incorrect and could not find an edit button.
  • DCJunior06DCJunior06 Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Great news. Real time map coming soon :D
    Hey!

It's been 10 days ; )

When is the launch day?
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Kangaroo wrote:
    Sounds like I am not the only one that has given up reporting to a non-responding faceless Tom. Promises...............Promises..................
    I reported a "Map-Change" where the boundaries of an existing Speed Limit had been moved - basically the Speed-Limit Sign had been moved by over a mile, extending the existing 40mph Limit into a section of road that was previously "National-Limit" (60 mph for Single Carriageways). This was reported over 3 Months ago & the Report is STILL showing as "Pending"!!
  • jak68jak68 Posts: 77 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Is there an actual release date being announced or this update, or is it going to be the usual from TomTom?
    John-Jay wrote:
    Kangaroo wrote:
    I reported a "Map-Change" where the boundaries of an existing Speed Limit had been moved - basically the Speed-Limit Sign had been moved by over a mile, extending the existing 40mph Limit into a section of road that was previously "National-Limit" (60 mph for Single Carriageways). This was reported over 3 Months ago & the Report is STILL showing as "Pending"!!

Reports of speed limit changes currently take much longer than the other reports. I'm not sure until when there will be this delay.
    Megalos wrote:
    Reports of speed limit changes currently take much longer than the other reports. I'm not sure until when there will be this delay.

I keep coming across location where the Speed Limit is substantially different from those shown on TomTom - either because it is a new/revised Limit or (more often) where they have move the location of the existing signs & (effectively) extended the area covered by the existing Limit.

Unless TomTom starts to take these changes seriously (i.e. more pro-actively), then its Customers are simply NOT going to bother any more!!
  • rcull999rcull999 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Reading this forum I am beginning to wonder if the only way to get a map change is to use the On-line reporter, (or is the WHOLE thing a hoax). I have reported speed changes on my device until I am black in the face with no result.
    The only problem using the On-line reporter is getting an accurate position which is why the reporting directly from the device is eminently sensible - if only it worked!
    rcull999 wrote:
    Reading this forum I am beginning to wonder if the only way to get a map change is to use the On-line reporter, (or is the WHOLE thing a hoax). I have reported speed changes on my device until I am black in the face with no result.
    The only problem using the On-line reporter is getting an accurate position which is why the reporting directly from the device is eminently sensible - if only it worked!

@rcull99,

To be honest, based on my experiences, it really doesn't matter how you report the issue/problem TomTom will STILL take an exceptionally LOOOONG-time to correct the issue!!

On one issue that I reported (which was solely down to a systematic-error caused by an internal TomTom mistake) it took nearly 3 years to resolve (even then, I'm still NOT convinced that they have cleared ALL/EVERY ramification of that fundamental-error!
    :sob:
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    7d0eb02d-39cb-4249-9181-b5fa901a2fac.jpg
    Correct:
    New MapShare Reporter v3.0 was online.
    EthoZ wrote:
    Correct:

Yes, I was just about to post to enquire what was different (as I couldn't see any changes), now I know why!

:hushed:
  • jcmnjcmn Posts: 82 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    John-Jay wrote:
    EthoZ wrote:
    Correct:
    Yes, I was just about to post to enquire what was different (as I couldn't see any changes), now I know why!

I also don't see any changes. Why?
    jcmn wrote:
    John-Jay wrote:
    EthoZ wrote:
    Correct:

I also don't see any changes. Why?
    Because MapShare Reporter v3.0 is NOT available.

It was but probably for a short while, by mistake.
    rcull999 wrote:
    In my experience the online MSR tool is indeed the best way to report the errors. Except for speed limit, almost all of my reported issues (hundreds) have been accepted and ended up in new map releases. The quickest time between reporting and a new map with the correction in, was about 4 months.
    Megalos wrote:
    In my experience the online MSR tool is indeed the best way to report the errors.

In my experience, it really doesn't matter which way you report errors, TomTom will still tend to ignore them or take many years!!
    @VikramK

It's been 18 days, what's the ETA?
    27 days of silence...