Golfer watch won't reset — TomTom Community

Golfer watch won't reset

MaCccaaaMaCccaaa Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
my golfer watch will not reset

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,392
    Superusers
    I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed.*
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for MySports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in MySports Connect.
    * If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.

If that does not work you should call Customer Support. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MaCccaaaMaCccaaa Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks for your reply I have already tried this numerous times
    I get right upto updating golf courses then when it shows that this is about 60% complete the error message flashes up & it starts the cycle again but always fails on updating golf courses
  • alphatoneralphatoner Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have this exact same issue & I spent ages with TomTom support. The end result was that this is a known problem (stuck in reset cycle) but there is currently no solution. Support are working on it and will let me know when a solution becomes available.

That was on the 19th Jan 2018
  • BennolfcBennolfc Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Cheers alphatoner, hopefully it’s soon fixed from their end! I’ve tried 3 times tonight and same result of failing about 60% of the way through! Does anyone know if quick gps still works after attempting the reset?
  • nikkocoopsnikkocoops Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I'm having the same issue......has it been resolved yet?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,689
    Community Manager
    nikkocoops wrote:
    I'm having the same issue......has it been resolved yet?
    We have replaced the global course map a while ago so it should work now. When have you tried last?
    Last night about 4 times!! Very frustrating ?
    Community Manager
    @MaCccaaa , @alphatoner
    Is this fixed for you?

Thanks,
    Jürgen
    Yes TT sent me email with a fix tried it & it worked
    watch working fine
    Could they send me it????
    Community Manager
    nikkocoops wrote:
    Could they send me it????
    It is the exact same as I advised, install the latest version of the golf course maps. I checked the support incident.

Do you perhaps have an option to try a different computer just in case the old maps are cached somewhere?
    Community Manager
    MaCccaaa wrote:
    Yes TT sent me email with a fix tried it & it worked
    watch working fine
    Thanks for your quick reply! :)
    I only get part way through the map update then it reverts back to the screen with the computer and watch on it telling me to reset!!
    Community Manager
    nikkocoops wrote:
    I only get part way through the map update then it reverts back to the screen with the computer and watch on it telling me to reset!!
    What operating system is your computer running?
    Sorry I am not very computer literate so don’t know what system computer is running
    computer is apple MacBook if that helps
    Community Manager
    Hi @MaCccaaa, It was nikkocoops' operating system that I was asking for. You should be fine since your watch works now. :)

As a reference, to find out more about your Mac click the apple in the top left and then 'About this Mac'. :)