Non-existent customer service to fix their cock-up!! — TomTom Community

Non-existent customer service to fix their cock-up!!

brownsp1_un34brownsp1_un34 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
I recently ordered a new Go 6200, to replace my Go 1005 Live which will no longer get "Lifetime" (!!!!) updates. I used the 30% discount offer...then received the invoice which showed that the discount had not been applied (just over £100). Not pleased!!!

So I called them (a call centre in India) and was told that I needed to cancel the deliver to get my money back, then re-order and hope the discount worked the next time!!!! Totally unacceptable!!

Anyone else had similar problems?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,747 Superuser
    @brownsp1_un34

Have brought this to the attention of some TomTom staff to chase up :)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,593 TomTom Moderator
    Hi brownsp1_un34

Sorry to know that the voucher did not work when placing the order.

I have sent a heads up to the customer service to see if the order can be cancelled now for a refund(possible if the product is not shipped)

Regards
    Vikram
  • brownsp1_un34brownsp1_un34 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have not received any shipping notification but when I rang customer service they gave me the impression it had shipped and told me to cancel the delivery through UPS when they contact me.
    i have received a new link to place a new order but can not afford to do so until my money is returned!
    The Order Management Team has cancelled the shipping and the order.

I am sure the customer service will now proceed with a refund. My kind request to you would be to please coordinate with them while the Finance Team takes care of the refund..

When placing an order in future please ensure that you don't proceed with the payment if you are unsure that the discount has not been applied correctly. Any help needed just let me know and I can arrange for a callback...

Thank you....

-Vikram
  • brownsp1_un34brownsp1_un34 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have still not received a refund and do not know how to contact the Finance team. Are you able to check the status and revert?

Thanks,

Steve
    Hi Steve

I will check for an update and get back to you on this..

Regards
    Vikram
    @brownsp1_un34

I got an update that the refund has been approved and processed from our end.

I have asked the customer service to follow up on this...

Regards
    Vikram