Add waypoints? Adventurer is missing essential features. — TomTom Community

Add waypoints? Adventurer is missing essential features.

DogdogDogdog Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Can you add a waypoint while doing an activity? For example, to mark the location of special features while you're hiking?

I would also really like a 'live' feature if you wanted to check the current altitude, Gps location, compass, heart rate, etc, without starting and recording an activity.

These seem like essential features of a GPS watch and would only require a software update. Seems foolish not to have them.

I would also like to view barometric pressure and a storm warning feature would really lift the watch to another level. It already has the hardware....

C'mon Tomtom!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,848
    Superusers
    All this would be nice and none of it is going to happen. That is a feature set for a much higher price point watch (like the Garmin Fenix) not a budget model like the TomTom. Considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over three months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • DogdogDogdog Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    It would be nice to get an official response from Tomtom regarding this issue. None of the reviews I read mentioned that the Adventurer is missing these basic 'gps watch' features. If I had known, I would have probably bought something else. Anyone from Tomtom able to confirm that these features will never be added?
    Superusers
    TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) but the fact that they have left the industry should tell you all you need to know. Why would they spend money to add features to a watch they are no longer selling (and never even released in their biggest market)? It would be throwing money down the drain. they cannot even got connectivity working after breaking it with an update that came out last September so they are certainly not looking at upgrades when the can't get the basic features to work.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
    Yeah - I hear you. Sigh...
    Superusers
    If you are still within your return period you may want to consider going with another brand.
    Had no idea Tomtom had pulled out of wearables. I'll try but I doubt it - it was on special. And otherwise I like the watch. Pity.