TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Battery problem

DebbieLBarkerDebbieLBarker Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
My battery isn't lasting on my Runner 3. Recently I charged it fully and then it turned off as soon as I tried to use it with a flat battery. Today it was fully charged and lasted only for 11 miles of my run.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,605 Superusers
    Battery life is rated for around 5 hours for GPS/HR/Music, 9 for GPS/HR, 11 for GPS only, 2 weeks for watch only (that includes pause time as the sensors are still on - so if during a 2 hour activity you had 30 minutes of pause it was 2:30 of battery life, not just the 2 hours it was recording for). Those of course are estimates and best case scenario and are impacted by usage (using backlight, switching screens, etc.) and environmental conditions (overcast skies, tree cover, tall buildings, etc.). If you have night mode or the backlight on that is going to impact it greatly. I have found that they are pretty accurate estimates and my usage and testing has pretty well matched them. Bear in mind that the battery gauge is a rough estimate at best and I have gone many hours when it indicates that it was almost empty.

You can try a factory reset which often solves there sort of issues. If it does not there is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you will lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.however,
  • mjpnmjpn Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tom tom Spark 3 battery is only lasting one day.
    Even stoped at home with all os sensors off.
    If I leave it charging it stops at 100% (OK) but than drains again to 0.
    Please fix it!

Also have a TomTom MultiSport Cardio and the battery lasts forever.
  • Rach1605Rach1605 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. I have only had mine a month and charged mine twice yesterday thinking perhaps it had not charged properly the first time. I made doubly sure the second time that it was fully charged and this morning it was flat again. it was fine until yesterday. I have not used GPS or had it connected to headphones or speakers, so nothing that should cause this. I have contacted the retailer I bought it from. Did you find a solution?