Coordinate Entry in MyDrive web version — TomTom Community

Coordinate Entry in MyDrive web version

PandyLegendPandyLegend Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
When entering coordinates in the web version of MyDrive, you have to use standard single and double quotes for minutes and seconds.

e.g. 46°54'12.2"N, 7°14'18.9"E

This is fine, and easy, when entering manually however if I want to copy-paste from another application, e.g. Furkot, where they use the prime and double prime (the correct format) for these coordinates it doesn't recognise it and I have to manually change the minutes and seconds.

e.g. 46°54′12.2″N, 7°14′18.9″E

Any chance this issue could be addressed? Should be simple fix.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,736
    Superusers
    Hi
    @PandyLegend
    Decimal Co-ordinates to 5 decimal places seems to copy and paste to alright to the MyDrive Web Route planner

950c0019-7871-4b4c-8e8a-fec2359cce83.pngATB YFM
  • PandyLegendPandyLegend Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    Decimal Co-ordinates to 5 decimal places seems to copy and paste to alright to the MyDrive Web Route planner

I'm not referring to decimal coordinates.
    Superusers
    Hi
    I know that... Just thought it might be helpfull

ATB YFM
  • Troggy53Troggy53 Posts: 50 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @PandyLegend

I’m a numpty. And I’m interested to see an example of so called Prime and Double prime.
    I thought the degrees, minutes, seconds was the “correct” notation.
    Happy to learn.
    Superusers
    Hi Guys
    @YamFazMan @PandyLegend

Thanks for the urls. I tried to read those extracts in relation to the request above but they just defined a symbol, not how it is used for Lat Long notation. Did I miss something in them?
    I tried web searches for the use of Prine notation for LatLong but didn’t turn one up. So I return to my request for an example. Perhaps using the ones in the original query ( which look identical to my old eyes.)
    How does @PandyLegend want it to look like. (Ie how does it appear in the Furkot app.
    Told you I was a numpty.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Troggy53
    Back when I was a lad pre Decimal and pre Computers, when we actually wrote things down on paper, we also had feet and inches, the mathematical sign for feet was a Prime, the mathematical sign for inches was a Double Prime... Coordinates also use Prime and Double Prime for Minutes and Seconds

I suppose (Guess) the reason the Prime and the Apostrophe and the Double Prime and the Quotation Marks became more universal was to keep the Computer keyboard to reasonable a size, with manageable number of of keys....

ATB YFM
    Oh I said I was a numpty and I was right. @YamFazMan
    Thank you for your patience. Your comments above regarding Apostrophe vs Prime etc clarify the situation for me completely now.
    I too am of the pre-computer age. In fact in college I learnt about thermionic valves and transistors before the first Integrated Circuits became commercially available.

@PandyLegend
    I wish you well with the request. However having worked between business app users and a systems evelopment team there has to be a compelling need to satisfy the needs of many users for TomTom to spend time to amend their code as you wish. I suspect their stance will be “Ask Furkot to give the basic Keyboard characters format Apostrophe/Quotes etc so you ( and many other users ) can then easily copy and paste into TomTom and other SatNav / Mapping input fields.
    As I said Good Luck.
  • howard909howard909 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited March 2020
    I tried to open this WordPress site which is given here but it is not opening. I also checked the WordPress Migration Service in Dubai but did not get the way.