Start rendered inoperable by update — TomTom Community

Start rendered inoperable by update

PhilGregPhilGreg Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
I just updated my old Start and after seeing all the messages about how support is discontinued but will continue to work (including the map updates I just paid for a couple of months ago) I updated GPS quick fix and speed cameras and disconnected from computer. I tried to plan a route and got the old lock and restart problem when touching address. This has happened many times in the past and the solution is to connect to TomTom home and operate the device remotely. However I find the operate my device is now disabled and i just get an offer to upgrade so i cannot repair my device! Is there any other way to get around the address loop or why can't i operate the device from the PC? This seems like a deliberate ploy to make me buy a new device when mine is working perfectly.

Comments

• PhilGregPhilGreg Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Ok so I've sort of fixed it by deleting the mapsettings.cfg from the device but I've had to recreate my home location and my favourites have gone. I tried using the version of the file from the backup taken by the update process but that still locks up when pressing the address button. So better but not perfect. Any suggestions why the backup version doesn't work? I'd like my favourites back.