iPhone X support

Michael Procter
Michael Procter Registered Users Posts: 35
Master Traveler
I was wondering if or when Tom Tom will support the big screen on the iPhone X?

My GO6000 is getting more unreliable and so I am using GO Mobile on the X now on a regular basis. But it is only displaying a 5” screen. I’m used to the 6” screen of the GO, and want the screen to be as big as possible.

Comments

• IGI
    IGI Registered Users Posts: 141
    Outstanding Explorer
    I think it's not a question whether they will do it or not, but rather when : )

And I would be great if TomTom made it rather sooner than later.
  • Thomas297
    Thomas297 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    TomTom should note that Waze (which is free and just as good, particularly now that roaming charges in the EU are gone) has already implemented this.
  • Michael Procter
    Master Traveler
    The iPhone X has been out now for 6 weeks. Almost every app I have now has iPhone X support. But not any of the apps that I have spent the most on buying -Tom Tom GO Mobile or Tom Tom Sports.

Come on Tom Tom. Please release iPhone X support. If all the other companies out there can do so, why can’t you?
  • Loops3615
    Loops3615 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Exactly... icoyote Also provide now a good GPS solution and they also have implemented the iPhone X and it uses the full screen! Very beautifull!
    I always use it now, go mobile seems completly has been compare to waze or icoyote...
    i don’t know what they are waiting for...
  • daveday1
    daveday1 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    I’d like to know this too
  • Vammerty
    Vammerty Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    The iPhone is about to stop production.I don't know if it's true.if you are want to update to iOS 11.2, you will have a serious situation.so , before doing to , you need to copy your phone data to backup
  • Vaomerk
    Vaomerk Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    Vammerty wrote:
    The iPhone is about to stop production.I don't know if it's true.if you are want to update to iOS 11.2, you will have a serious situation.so , before doing to , you need to copy your phone data to backup
    If you have a good grasp of data recovery skills, maybe it's not that difficult for you,
  • Vammerty
    Vammerty Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Vammerty wrote:
    http://www.iphonetransferrecovery.com/tutorials/transfer-contacts-from-iphone-to-mac.html
    This is some of the measures I've taken, I don't know if it's useful. for the safety of phone data. the backup is the only way ,
  • ThroyS
    ThroyS Registered Users Posts: 51
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Is this for real. November, December, January, February wth and no iPhone X support.
    If I was Tomtom I would buy waze and start again. Your live traffic is second to waze as when Blackwall tunnel is close you keep re-routing me to the same route whilst Waze gets it right first time all the time. Your roads update or years overdue and it just sadden me that a company who was light ahead of the game as gone so backwards
  • Michael Procter
    Master Traveler
    ThroyS wrote:
    Is this for real. November, December, January, February wth and no iPhone X support.
    Waze has surpassed you guys interms of usability only don’t like their ads. If I was Tomtom I would buy waze and start again. Your live traffic is second to waze as when Blackwall tunnel is close you keep re-routing me to the same route whilst Waze gets it right first time all the time. Your roads update or years overdue and it just sadden me that a company who was light ahead of the game as gone so backwards
    I heard the Google own Waze.....
  • phaasno
    phaasno Registered Users Posts: 31
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    I bet that Tomtom will update Go to support the iPhone X screen some time in the future.

:joy:
  • eddz
    eddz Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    When will the GO app be updated for the iPhone X? really takes to long. Need live date/development roadmap to decide switching to the Sygic app or stay with TomTom. Thanks!
  • ThroyS
    ThroyS Registered Users Posts: 51
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    For the last month or so I’ve been using Waze really good and it works ads can be distracting but way better than what tomtom giving us now