Problems with Rider 410 Bluetooth connection

2»

Comments

• Jeroen OJeroen O Posts: 9 [New Seeker]
    yep, I even tried hooking up for Traffic to an iPhone 5S and for music and calls to a RugGear Android-phone. It worked until I touched a dial button on my headset and the TomTom started to redial a number continuously and disconnect/connect with the headset until it crashed. Also, once I have a working set-up and do a coffee-break during a ride I have to relaunch, reset, disconnect and reconnect everything again. In short: I believe I've spent more time with the TomTom trying to get it work then actually riding with it so far.
  • The engineermanThe engineerman Posts: 26 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for the feedback Jeroen O. Seems that maybe the music Bluetooth does make it work, but when that stops, by pressing the dial button, the issue reappears. I've had that too. More info for the techs.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Jeroen,

According to our logs there seems to be something wrong with the map installation on your device. I’d recommend you to set your device to recovery mode [support FAQ - Red X]. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive. The following video walks you through the recovery mode process:
    [video]

Cheers, Mikko
    I already did that last week: no use
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,965 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Jeroen O,

I checked your contact details and it seems the issue is related to a particular phone model you're using as it doesn't happen using different phones.

Unfortunately, we don't have a solution to it at the moment.

Regards,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• Martijn vTMartijn vT Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I received an official reaction from TomTom support today.
    They are aware of the problem, but they are not willing to look into it.

They suggested me to contact Apple personally because they don't consider it their problem...
    Like that would solve anything...

Very, very sad...
    So if you own an iPhone SE or iPhone 7, you're screwed...
    It happens particularly with an iPhone 4, an Android 4.4 and sometimes iPhone 5. All the issues differ per phone. the Android has trouble receiving data or logging in, which might be an Android tethering issue.
    All in all I believe it'd be a better option if the TomTom had it's own SIM-card in order not to rely on phones and BlueTooth, especially these Rider Models.
    I bought a TomTom so that I can have a device that is solely dedicated to navigation instead of having to rely on mobile phones and navigation-app's. Now I am still depending on mobile phones and their troubles. Might as well install an app again; saves the bluetooth hassle.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,965 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Martijn vT,

I've sent a heads-up to the customer service about this and support representative will get back to you on the same incident which you created.

Thanks,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Jeroen,

You only need phone for hands free calling and receiving TomTom Traffic. For the latter the phone is needed to provide internet connection.

Cheers, Mikko
    I know Mikko,
    without Traffic the TomTom sends one into traffic-jams and road-blocks. So far I have tried the following phones:
    a Nokia 3310 (2017 model), an Alcatel, an iPhone 4, an iPhone 5, a RugGear RG160 (2017 model) with Android 4.4 and a Galaxy. My wife's Galaxy is the only one that seems to work without any trouble, the iPhone 5 sometimes does and sometimes doesn't.
    I guess this is why the new TomTom Go has it's own SIM-card for Traffic; the TomTom just isn't good with phones.
  • UnholyUnholy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hiya folks

I have a Rider 400 that has started with this connect - disconnect issue.

It started when i moved to a new Motorola G5 from a Motorla G4, minor upgrade but still an upgrade.

The R400 worked without fault on the G4 but experienced issues with the new phone, so Sherlock decided it has to be with the phone not the R400.

First thing was completely reset R400 to factory default and start from scratch, still issue but was expecting that.

Next find the difference between the 2 phones connections to USB devices and straght away i spotted something different.

Goto Bluetooth on the phone where you see paired devices, i see my R400, next to it is a settings button (looks like a cogwheel on my phone), i opened it and was presented with 2 check boxes both ticked to use, Phone Audio and Internet Connection Sharing.

So i unchecked Phone Audio to start with, still issue.
    Next rechecked it and unchecked Internet Connection Sharing, still issue.
    Next both boxes unchecked and wooo it stayed connected.

Dog was due a walk so i took R400 with me and it stayed connected the whole time.

To test i turned off bluetooth and as expected the R400 complained, so i turned on the bluetooth and let the R400 connect by itself which it did after about 30 seconds.

Tried the above several times, including restarting the phone, turning off the R400, each time allowing the R400 to connect by itself, it did each time.

The above fix worked for me, i cannot guarantee it will work for you, if it does then great, if not then keep plugging away.

Unholy