Why won't TomTom Runner Cardio connect to computer? — TomTom Community

Why won't TomTom Runner Cardio connect to computer?

3Duck53Duck5 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited September 2020 in Runner & Multi-Sport
My TomTom Runner Cardio watch is plugged into my computer and it's actively charging. The MySports app pops up and displays the message to connect my device to my computer. Hmmmm, it's already connected.... I've read the form for help and have already uninstalled and reinstalled the MySports app which didn't work. I've tried contacting support but they make it impossible to do so since there is no serial number on my watch. One forum posting advised to uninstall a driver but am not sure how to do that. If anyone has had this issue and was able to resolve it, please share. Thank you!

Comments

• 3Duck53Duck5 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your thorough reply, tfarabaugh! My answers are below.

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Yes
    6) Yes
    7) Yes
    8) Turned off anti virus software then tried again. Still didn't connect.
    9) Yes
    10) I don't have a different machine to try at this time. I've had this watch 2 years and have loved it, but still can't get it to connect.

Thanks again for taking the time to ask those questions. A few of them made me check a few things I hadn't thought of. Unfortunately, my watch still won't connect.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,851
    Superusers
    The biggest issue is the dock itself. Make sure none of the pins are bent or deformed and that the contacts on the watch are clean and not worn off (they should be gold). I would call Customer Support and have them send you a new docking cable just in case.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • 3Duck53Duck5 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you again for your help!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,851
    Superusers
    3Duck5 wrote:
    Thank you again for your help!
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • MadelizeMadelize Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited January 2020
    Good day. Tom Tom Runner 3. My watch was plugged in pc, I did the whole download/ register and everything showed and was on, put some music on and then I reset it , nothing happened after that, just my watch screen shows a pc pic with wording..."tomtom.com/123" and when I take it off the dock it shows the same pic with "tomtom.com/reset" I cant connect after that, phone doesn't even pick it up. please help
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0