Golfer crashes after update — TomTom Community

Golfer crashes after update

LouieHulscherLouieHulscher Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Hi,

I have a Golfer 1 that i have not updated for a while.
Now when it wants to update the new courses it gets stuck.

When i "soft reset" Tomtom Sports Connect tels me somethings wrong and asks if they should try to solve it or if i want the reset.
In both options it fails to deliver.

Can someone tel me how to do a fabric reset when my Tomtom Golfer doen't want to start up and Tomtom Sports Connect doesn't get to the menu but keeps "crashing"?

Thanks in advance.

Louie

Comments

• snaphook77snaphook77 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Sounds like you're having the same problems that I am. I hope some solution comes along soon.....
    Just tried it again (for the umteenth time this weekend) and it appears to progress normally to the point where it says "downloading course data, this may take up to an hour." I clicked and it grinded on for almost an hour. The circular progress bar got to about 8 o'clock and then I got an error message saying there was a problem downloading the data and giving me two options (FIX IT, or RESET) I tried FIX IT but it said it could not fix it so I tried RESET. It takes me back to the very beginning but then it gets hung up again in the process of downloading golf course data. Very frustrating, it's unusable at this point.
  • ronnykapteinronnykaptein Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have the same problem.
    Come on TomTom people, help us out here. Clearly there is a problem....
  • ManumartManumart Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here. Really frustrated...
  • tombarnett92tombarnett92 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm having the same problem here!

Any theories on how to fix it?
  • CurtisNCurtisN Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having this same issue. From looking at other posts Tom Tom are aware but do not have a fix for it yet.

I am disappointed as I only got the watch last week and have not been able to use it.
  • SimonWarmerdamSimonWarmerdam Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem and went through the same routine several times. No succes. Frustrating. Tried to contact TomTom but got stuck on their website. They ask what kind of instrument i have and it leads me to a navigation system rather than a golf watchfor identification of the product number. I have spent some 6 hours now to get it fixed,
    The least i would expect is tomtom to provide information on the problem and a solution. If they are still working on it, let us know. Earlier i had excellent experience with tomtom service but this will harm their reputation. I will not recommend tomtom anymore unless information starts flowing. Simon
  • wally2203wally2203 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem here, get so far and then it just freezes. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Seems a lot of people are having the same issue. Come on tomtom, sort it out.
  • dawesydawesy Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Just tried it again (for the umteenth time this weekend) and it appears to progress normally to the point where it says "downloading course data, this may take up to an hour." I clicked and it grinded on for almost an hour. The circular progress bar got to about 8 o'clock and then I got an error message saying there was a problem downloading the data and giving me two options (FIX IT, or RESET) I tried FIX IT but it said it could not fix it so I tried RESET. It takes me back to the very beginning but then it gets hung up again in the process of downloading golf course data. Very frustrating, it's unusable at this point. paid good money for this can someone help
    Ian
  • rdriehuisrdriehuis Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    same problem here. Been trying it over and over again, but nu results. very frustrating
    Tried everything and several resets finally tried the reset on the first update page before it vanished off the screen did a full delete on watch and reloaded full system again this was about the third time i tried this setup and finally got the watch to go through the full setup and now back to normal, have not tried it on the golf course yet but will let you know how it goes on
  • Saif.AhmedSaif.Ahmed Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My watch is working perfectly now. The update golf course window finishes completely with a Tick and a smile on my face. Hope the problem is solved finallyyyyy...
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,896
    Community Manager
    Saif.Ahmed wrote:
    My watch is working perfectly now. The update golf course window finishes completely with a Tick and a smile on my face. Hope the problem is solved finallyyyyy...
    We have uploaded a new map of the golf courses on Wednesday. That should be why it's fixed now. All others, can you please try updating courses again?
    Just tried it again (for the umteenth time this weekend) and it appears to progress normally to the point where it says "downloading course data, this may take up to an hour." I clicked and it grinded on for almost an hour. The circular progress bar got to about 8 o'clock and then I got an error message saying there was a problem downloading the data and giving me two options (FIX IT, or RESET) I tried FIX IT but it said it could not fix it so I tried RESET. It takes me back to the very beginning but then it gets hung up again in the process of downloading golf course data. Very frustrating, it's unusable at this point. paid good money for this can someone help
    Tried everything and several resets finally tried the reset on the first update page before it vanished off the screen did a full delete on watch and reloaded full system again this was about the third time i tried this setup and finally got the watch to go through the full setup and now back to normal, have not tried it on the golf course yet but will let you know how it goes on

The above is what problems i had then tried the 2nd paragraph which work after several attempts since all of the above i have used the watch on several courses and it is working perfectly
    Ian
  • JosemariJosemari Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem mentioned here. Maybe the update only works for specific regions or countries.
  • KennywildeKennywilde Posts: 27 [Master Explorer]
    Mines doing this. I just madea topic about it.
  • gregorheinrichgregorheinrich Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    dawesy wrote:
    Tried everything and several resets finally tried the reset on the first update page before it vanished off the screen did a full delete on watch and reloaded full system again this was about the third time i tried this setup and finally got the watch to go through the full setup and now back to normal,...

I have the same problem, tried zillions of "resets" and "factory reset", sleep/wake, reinstall ed Sports Connect, changed firewall settings, to let TomTom information through etc etc. All to no avail.
    So if someone has found the magic solution to the "stuck in upload golf courses" problem, it would be nice to get a step-by-step explanation how to really fix this.