Quick settings on Rider 410 — TomTom Community

Quick settings on Rider 410

Fin_ILeFin_ILe Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited January 11 in RIDER
From there, You'll find voice, lighter/darker... but,

-when searching some place
-riding a long distance

there's a need to switch between shortest/fastest route.
Why this button is not easily reachable, for ex. "quick settings" page?

-When searhing, some parts of the route might be better to drive as fast as You can, but when close enough, shortest route is better.

-When riding a long distance, You might want to drop by at some place, using a small routes, not a fast one.
And here's a relation to "highway selection".
When riding a motorcycle, You should be able to avoid highways as dirt roads.

But anyway, a quick and easy change of a navigation type, will ease navigation.

This unit should have been made/designed for users, not designers?? Right?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Fin_ILe,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I'll log this to be reported to the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Fin_ILeFin_ILe Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thanks Mikko.
    In many cases... "simple is beautiful".
  • black955tigerblack955tiger Posts: 92 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Some while ago I suggested to tomtom that, in the "Route Planning" section, you should be able to chose at least two options. Such as "Shortest Route" AND "Avoid Motorways". Because on a long ride near to a motorway the motorway will probably be the shortest route but if you want to ride through the countryside....you can't.
  • Fin_ILeFin_ILe Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Unbelievable.
    An other year gone... updates... but still, some basic feature, for MOTOTCYCLIST!!!
    are missing.
    How to find a shortest route AND avoid motorways????
    Not talking about the menu structure, which sucks - from motorcyclist point of view.
    Obviously, sale is going well and there no need to even try to fix any of features which would be useful and some of them, "a must".
    Stupid customers, like me, thought a well known brand would try to get rid of annoying features, and will serve existing customers????
    Obviously it's not going to be that way.
    I'm going to be "a fly's sh*t in the ocean", but my next navigator, for sure, is not going to be a Tomtom.
    And, who cares the least of customers (as there's enough of them??), and their complaints/tips for usage, seems to be TT itself. IMHO.
  • black955tigerblack955tiger Posts: 92 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I'm getting on well with the Garmin Zumo595 that I bought after selling the 410. Yes it's pricey in comparison but it works and the mapping is better by being more complete.

The trouble is that most TT owners are happy because all they want is a point to point satnav and the TT works OK for that. So TT are not worried about the inconvenience some of the route plan setting cause to a few "advanced" users like us.