Spark 3 storage space — TomTom Community

Spark 3 storage space

rawkinrichrawkinrich Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
Hi all,

I have the Spark 3 (£119 version), and I wondered about storage space. I have around 6 activities saved and a few gpx files uploaded and the watch looks as though it's full.

Everything seems to have synced okay - what's the deal? How does the storage work? How many activities can actually be saved? How do I remove them? etc etc :)

Many thanks

Comments

• Hi. When you connect the device to the PC MySports Connect program or your phone via the mobile app the activity tracking and activity files are copied off the watch, uploaded and removed. So they no long take up space. The watch does show a summary of the last few activities you have done, but it is just a summary (distance, time) it's not taking up space.

GPX and other files are not stored on the watch. If you have a file exporter set up then these are saved to your PC.

You can have hundreds of hours of activities so the watch shouldn't be anywhere near full.
    Regards,
    Stuart.
  • rawkinrichrawkinrich Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks Stuart.

Here's a photo of the about section - doesn't seem right?

Mod edit: Please do not post/attach the personal information on public forum!
  • Hi. Those bars are filled in as space is used. That image shows that all the space is unused.
    --Stuart.
  • rawkinrichrawkinrich Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thank-you for clearing that up :)

Richard
  • Alejandra BAlejandra B Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same device (Spark 3) and being using it for 2 months now. One week ago the storage space remained with 1 space of use, even just after syncing via the App and syncing thru USB cable.

The activities do sync to my computer, and the step count, but the storage space remained with 1 block of usage. QuickGPS updates normally. This week occurred the same thing, but now I have 2 spaces used after syncing.

Is there something i can do to liberate the storage again? Will my watch be filled after some more months? Thank you for support.
  • ErratiqueErratique Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have the same device (Spark 3) and being using it for 2 months now. One week ago the storage space remained with 1 space of use, even just after syncing via the App and syncing thru USB cable.

The activities do sync to my computer, and the step count, but the storage space remained with 1 block of usage. QuickGPS updates normally. This week occurred the same thing, but now I have 2 spaces used after syncing.

Is there something i can do to liberate the storage again? Will my watch be filled after some more months? Thank you for support.

I have the same issue, something wrong in the new firmware??
  • kwp001kwp001 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Erratique wrote:

I have the same issue, something wrong in the new firmware??

I have the same issue with my Runner 3. Herefore I had a Runner (1), where this issue never occurs. Please help.
  • VitorRunner3CardioVitorRunner3Cardio Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue with my Runner 3. I sync in PC and APP but the storage no is empty. Help!!!
  • kwp001kwp001 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi all. I read on another topic that the cause is a bad activity on the watch. You have to reset your watch to factory defaults through the settings menu on the desktop/laptop PC.
    I did yesterday and the storage cleared. I noe have to see how this will work out at the coming activities. I hope that the storage is cleared on every sync.