TomTom Spark 3 ALPIN SKI FUNCTIONALITY

Ivan D
Ivan D Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I bought a Tom Tom Spark 3 cardio convinced that the multisport functionality also included the alpine skiing that is present in the app.
Unfortunately, I'm disappointed because in the smartwatch menu this sport is not present.
In fact, I have to insert bikes and then change online if I want to keep track of my ski training. Even if the data provided and recorded are unreliable.
Can you activate this feature on the smartwatch?
Thanks.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Those features are only available on the Adventurer model, not the Spark 3, you purchased the wrong model. There is no way to upgrade the software to get these sports modes. Your only option is to return the Spark 3 and purchase the correct device.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • flamer
    flamer Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi, I bought the SPark Cardio 3 + music and it had a Ski function on the menu. I have updated the software to the latest and this menu item has disappeared form the watch. I know tha watch has an altimeter and is exactly the same as the adventurer - whay did you delete this functionality - I specifically bought this watch as I was going skiing- I'm in Italy skiing atm. Please send me a patch/software update to restores this.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    flamer wrote:
    Hi, I bought the SPark Cardio 3 + music and it had a Ski function on the menu. I have updated the software to the latest and this menu item has disappeared form the watch. I know tha watch has an altimeter and is exactly the same as the adventurer - whay did you delete this functionality - I specifically bought this watch as I was going skiing- I'm in Italy skiing atm. Please send me a patch/software update to restores this.
    There was never skiing on the Spark, I am not sure what you saw. All I can imagine is that somehow your device got imprinted with the wrong firmware in the factory and the update corrected it to the correct firmware or you were simply mistaken. No one is going to send you a patch for it as it is simply not included with your device. I am not sure why you bought a device that is not advertised as supporting skiing for skiing but you got exactly what you paid for.
  • ERHA40339902
    ERHA40339902 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    A skiing function even without the altimeter function but just GPS height, would be highly appreciated and better than no skiing function. One should think, that the easy fix, would be just to copy one of the other functions of the smartwatch firmware, like the running function, and name the new one skiing. The App should then present the skiing as for the adventurer. No radical new software needs to be invented, and the sensors already available in the Runner/Spark models can be used as is.