Spark Cardio + Music watch not holding a charge

Littlebirdie
Littlebirdie Registered Users Posts: 10
Legendary Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello --

I have a Spark Cardio + Music which begins with serial number 'HN' and the battery will no longer hold a charge. I unplug it for 5 minutes and go to use it and I get the death chime of a dead battery. I cannot find anything in support to address my serial number. Conveniently this watch (which was a replacement for another defective watch) is just out of warranty... I'm so disappointed. What can I do to fix? Or should I just scrap it?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Try a factory reset as it may be a firmware issue. Otherwise all you can do is call Customer Support and se if they can diagnose the problem (since it was a replacement and just out of warranty they may replace it). Rapid battery drain is also a problem with the latest firmware updates, so a roll back to an earlier firmware may help (link to request it below).

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

To get the number for Customer Support, click the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Littlebirdie
    Legendary Explorer
    Thanks for the response. I have completed the factory reset and re-registered the device. I will test today and see if it holds a charge.
  • Littlebirdie
    Legendary Explorer
    Thanks for the response. I have completed the factory reset and re-registered the device. I will test today and see if it holds a charge.
    Testing over a two day interval and watch is now holding a charge. Thank you!