Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 40 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• Radzix5Radzix5 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @grim22 I've put you on the old version 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@josecnso @BassLane @d_fens @FranW @wlk2828 @Fentible @hkirk1 @BdeC @Radzix5 @Charlotte80 @avgguy @MichaelHH @Johninmtl @samtheman0570 @amku @Cart00n @Moosimoosi @Mbeswick @KasiaMac @m0tm0t I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@Gemagc85 Can you please tell me what issue are you facing with your watch? Depending on that, I can put you on the right firmware version.

@LostBritTours Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

@Jaey @fab76 @Sil40 I can see that you already managed to install the 1.7.60 version on your watch. If you're still having issues with pairing, please make sure to remove the watch from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone. You can follow the public FAQ here to do so: Android/iOS

Cheers, lampard
    I just ask you about when will be NEW version with fixed pair bluetooth??!
  • d_fensd_fens Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Downgrading to 1.7.60 did not help. App still does not display edit control to enter pin generated by the watch. Is there even older version of firmware I can try? I checked and the watch is not on the list of paired devices in smartphone Bluetooth settings, so this is not the cause.
  • ASDFGHQWERTYASDFGHQWERTY Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @ASDFGHQWERTY Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software version 1.7.60 will be offered in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

Thank you, I've done it but the Watch is still unable to connect to the Android App. When I try to pair them, on the watch screen I see the pairing code, but the loader in the App is rolling without an end...
    I've already unpaired my watch from the phone and reinstalled the app.
    What else can I do?
  • FentibleFentible Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for the rollback @lampard, the watch now pairs but it won't sync any data with my phone. The watch shows a connected notification on the main 'clock' screen (and says it's connected under the >Phone menu), but the phone will not find the watch and it does not sync.

I'll try again tomorrow, but if it still doesn't work, it's going back to the seller as unfit for use. Fitness tech should make lives simpler, not complicate them. There should be no need for software rollbacks and multiple resets. This has not been an experience I would recommend to anyone

TomTom need to get their act together because (as another poster has already mentioned), they are driving people away from the brand with these basic functionality problems. It's a great watch, but it's let down by faulty software and connection issues.
  • Gemagc85Gemagc85 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard Since I updated my watch after to a later version than 1.6.26 I cannot syncronize my watch with my mobile phone any more. Therefore I would like to downgrade the firmware to 1.6.26 which was the lastest working version for me.

Thanks a lot for your help
    Kind regards
    Gema
  • JRunner2JRunner2 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

I've a Samsung S8 and Runner 2 Cardio music GPS - and since recent updates I'm no longer able to sync with the phone. I've done multiple factory resets, removing the connection from the phone etc, no success.
    Can you update my account so I can install an earlier version of the software please?

Thank you -
  • peckmanpeckman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard could you please make my Tomtom Spark Premium eligable for a firmware downgrade. I can only use the watch with my pc. And and not with my smartphone after updating to the latest firmware.

Also i was wondering when a official "new" firmware will be available for release since a lot op people are encountering this issues.

Hope hearing from you. Kind regards.

Patrick
  • AnmeAnme Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard please can you help me? I bought my tomtom cardio watxh today and it will not pair with my phone. It quickly shows the pairing code on the watch then goes off while the phone is still sayin connecting device. I have a Sony Xperia xa1 and the watch is version 1.7.62 Thank you
  • fab76fab76 Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    @lampard
    "@Jaey@fab76@Sil40 I can see that you already managed to install the 1.7.60 version on your watch. If you're still having issues with pairing, please make sure to remove the watch from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone. You can follow the public FAQ here to do so: Android/iOS"

Yes I had already understood the first time that you said it, please stop to copy/past the same message.
    It's not my question !
    the 1.7.60 is a diy....

yes I did your process, but all the around 24h, I've to redo it (the app stays in looking to the watch)...

You didn't answer to my question, when is planned the next upgrade (app + wach) that will definitely solve the bluetooth issues?

it's so hard to have a stable bluetooth connection? because all the chinese watch at 10/20 euros are syncing well...
  • yspedeyspede Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard can I get the newest firmware again, the downgrade did not help on my battery issue I think the battery is dead.

Btw. Tomtom repair prices are way to expensive, how can a battery repair cost 95 Eur. That is a very high price and the half of the price of a new watch.

It is common knowledge that a lithium-ion battery have about 4-500 cycles before the battery capacity is reduced dramatically. This is a problem with all battery devices. It will be nice if TomTom did something to acknowledge this problem by making a lower price for battery replcement or sold the battery as a sparepart.
  • MiceHaveFeetTooMiceHaveFeetToo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just got spark 3 watch and have had the same Bluetooth connection problems since updating to 1.7.62 as others on here. Can I get a firmware rollback to a build without connection problems please? My phone is a google pixel.

Thanks
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,029 Moderator
    Hi All,

Unfortunately, We don't have the timeline for the new software release to fix the Battery & Pairing issues with the watch. As I mentioned earlier, We'll post back here once there's an update to share.

@MiceHaveFeetToo @slundquist42 @JRunner2 @peckman @jvklommel I've put you on the software version 1.7.60. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@yspede This seems to be a hardware fault if you're watch is having the battery issues with 1.3.255. Please get in touch with our customer support an they'll be able to help you further in this case.

@Gemagc85 @d_fens Can you please make sure to remove the watch from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone and try again to pair? You can follow the public FAQ here to do so: Android/iOS. We only have an ongoing issue with the Huawei P8/P8 Lite smartphones unable to pair with the Sports App with no workaround.

@ASDFGHQWERTY @fab76 Please report this to our customer support as they'll be able to investigate it further more deeply.

Cheers, lampard
  • d_fensd_fens Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    In my case (Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global), the watch is not listed under Bluetooth devices on my smartphone ( I just double checked) and I still cannot pair it. When I bought it a few days ago, it was on old version 1.2. I immediately updated it to 1.7.62 and cannot pair it ever since, even after downgrading to 1.7.60. Tried reinstalling the app, reverting the watch to factory defaults, restarting smartphone, to no avail. I do not feel like flashing a custom ROM on my smartphone just to make this work. If there are certain versions of firmware known to work correctly in problematic cases, I'd love to try them.
  • MiceHaveFeetTooMiceHaveFeetToo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks @lampard you're doing the lord's work
  • rmgcrmgc Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard,

I have a TomTom Runner, and since upgrading to latest version (1.8.52), battery doesn't last more than 3 days (just using it as a regular watch).
    With previous version (I guess it had 1.8.46) battery lasted about 2 weeks.
    This is a huge difference... :(

I've already tried a factory reset, and battery duration remains at 3 days...

After reading some pages on this topic, I understand that a firmware downgrade is possible after performing a factory reset, but only after some config from TomTom side (did I get this right?).
    So, can I ask you to configure my watch for 1.8.46 version, so I can track down this battery drain issue (I really don't see any features on 1.8.52 that I need/use)?

Thank you!
    Rita
  • Gemagc85Gemagc85 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard

Hi, just removed the watch from the Bluetooth devices under Huawei Y6II and try again to pair, it is not working.

All my other Bluetooth devices perfectly work with my phone.

Does that mean the TomTom Spark Music is not working anymore with HUAWEI Y6II?

Looking forward to a solution to this incompatibility issue.

Thank you very much for your precious support
  • NewcrossroadieNewcrossroadie Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @lampard
    Thanks for offering me version 1.7.60. Unfortunately it still wont connect to my phone and I have tried unpairing a few times and retried the factory reset. Is there another earlier version I could try?
  • van de Wauwvan de Wauw Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    i have the same problem.
    Please Roll back.

I can't sinc my watch with the IPhone 6S.
  • motsomotso Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, my Runner 2 no longer syncs to my phone (IPhone SE). Have tried multiple factory resets, app deletion, unpairing etc,

The watch has software version 1.7.62

Please could you roll me back to a version that works.

Thanks

Tom
  • peckmanpeckman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard Thank you, i have downgraded the software version.
    Now bluetooth is working again.

Kind regards.
  • Simone045Simone045 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, same problem, and the app has all the possible permissions.
    I played a lot and then I was able to make a connection, but the problem is still there, because even now sometimes it doesn't connect.
    To me, it worked with these steps:
    • I connected the watch via phone settings in the bluetooth (not in Tom Tom app).
    • Once I had a established connection, I changed the name to the connection (from tomtom runner watch to something else)
    • Then I stopped the connection (in italian is something as decoupling).
    • Finally I opened the tomtom app and it really asked for the pin and then connected to the phone.
    Now after I disconnect the watch, I have to launch the TomTom app several times and it connects only when also the phone bluetooth settings shows the connection (and the connection has still the new name I gave it).
    Mah...
  • DphicksDphicks Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

Just got spark 3 watch and have had the same Bluetooth connection problems since updating to 1.7.62 as others on here. Can I get a firmware rollback to a build without connection problems please? My phone is a Samsung galaxy s5

thanks
  • Neto CruzNeto Cruz Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard I would like to rollback to version 1.7.60. Well I'm having problems with bluetooth and app., could you help me? how should I proceed? my phone is the Galaxy S6
  • van de Wauwvan de Wauw Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,

Unfortunately, We don't have the timeline for the new software release to fix the Battery & Pairing issues with the watch. As I mentioned earlier, We'll post back here once there's an update to share.

@MiceHaveFeetToo @slundquist42 @JRunner2 @peckman @jvklommel I've put you on the software version 1.7.60. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@yspede This seems to be a hardware fault if you're watch is having the battery issues with 1.3.255. Please get in touch with our customer support an they'll be able to help you further in this case.

@Gemagc85 @d_fens Can you please make sure to remove the watch from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone and try again to pair? You can follow the public FAQ here to do so: Android/iOS. We only have an ongoing issue with the Huawei P8/P8 Lite smartphones unable to pair with the Sports App with no workaround.

@ASDFGHQWERTY @fab76 Please report this to our customer support as they'll be able to investigate it further more deeply.

Cheers, lampard

@lampard,
    I would like to rollback to version that works properlyWell I'm having problems with bluetooth and app., could you help me? how should I proceed? my phone is the IPhone S6
  • yspedeyspede Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,

Cheers, lampard

I already contacted customer support and their answer was 95Eur for an battery replacement.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0