Heartrate (BPM) does not work anymore on Runner — TomTom Community

Heartrate (BPM) does not work anymore on Runner

LindaWLLindaWL Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I have a tomtom runner / mulit sports watch, bought in august 2015. During my last 2 work outs my heart rate isn't captured. I have used the reset option, but that didn't help either. Is there a way to fix this problem? I wore the watch for a little while without running, but it isn't making any progress. Can anybody help?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,688
    Superusers
    Sounds like the sensor died (make sure it did not get turned off under Sensors>Heart). You can try Customer Support but it is long out of warranty so there is not much they can do. Looks like it may be time for a new watch. I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over four months.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LindaWLLindaWL Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It probably has died.. Too bad! En thank you for your advice for a new watch.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,688
    Superusers
    LindaWL wrote:
    It probably has died.. Too bad! En thank you for your advice for a new watch.
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.