Problem with syncing from Google Fit — TomTom Community

Problem with syncing from Google Fit

RohanBRohanB Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
The recent update to sync activity data from Google Fit was a welcome one as I sometimes choose not to wear my watch during the day for activity tracking, but I will always carry my phone with me. As far as I understand, the Sports app should sync the steps count from Google Fit when the watch is not in use. However, the Sports app does not seem to be syncing with Google Fit although these are shown as connected in both apps. Does the watch's own tracker need to be off for it to accept Google Fit data in the app?

Comments

• Pat WPat W Posts: 28 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,
    Me too. Google fit is connected to Sports. The options are well activated in Sports and also in Google Fit. But nothing seems to be syncing.
    I have an Android Wear watch and the steps are well incremented in Google Fit app.
    I have tried many tests with Sports app and the Runner 2 watch, but only the steps performed with the Runner 2 watch are seen in the Sports app. The steps from Google fit are not transfered in Sports.
    Strange...
    Any advice ?
  • RonaldH70RonaldH70 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Not sure when it stopped working as I only noticed last week but Google fit did sync before. So there could be many different reasons for this issue as a lot of things changed.
    I have a new phone (OnePlus 5) but I also keep the software up to date of my Tomtom Runner 2. I can see the sync option is selected on both tools (TomTom Sport and Google Fit) but it doesn't sync.

Please advice as I do not always wear the watch.
  • thombthumbthombthumb Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm having this issue as well. It seems that the app can import/see data from Google Fit, but not export. It would be useful if there was a dialogue between the two apps!
  • marcw_chmarcw_ch Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm having the same issues. The only information that seems to appear in the MySports App from Google Fit is the weight that I enter. Runs that I made because I didn't have my watch with me on holidays aren't synced.

Would appreciate some help or fix ;-).

Thanks
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,900 Superusers
    marcw_ch wrote:
    I'm having the same issues. The only information that seems to appear in the MySports App from Google Fit is the weight that I enter. Runs that I made because I didn't have my watch with me on holidays aren't synced.

Would appreciate some help or fix ;-).

Thanks
    They are not supposed to be. All that is synced from Google Fit is activity tracking like steps, etc. Sports activities are not shared between the two platforms.
  • Krzysiek17Krzysiek17 Posts: 51 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    thombthumb wrote:
    I'm having this issue as well. It seems that the app can import/see data from Google Fit, but not export. It would be useful if there was a dialogue between the two apps!

Unfortunately me too :(
    Is it possible to fix it somehow?
    Is there anybody for whom it actually works?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,900 Superusers
    Krzysiek17 wrote:
    thombthumb wrote:
    Unfortunately me too :(
    Is it possible to fix it somehow?
    Is there anybody for whom it actually works?
    The problem is that people don't seem to understand how these connections work. It takes steps form Google and Apple (through your phone) and posts them to TomTom, not the other way around. This is so if you are not wearing your watch you can still have your steps reflected in MySports. It is not meant to post the steps calculated by TT to Apple or Google.
  • Krzysiek17Krzysiek17 Posts: 51 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    The problem is that I have Gear S3 and it syncs my steps with google fit BUT google fit doesn't sync these steps with tomtom sports
    That's all