TomTom Adventurer Power-bank — TomTom Community

TomTom Adventurer Power-bank

marcosilvamarcosilva Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
What is the best powerbank for Tom Tom Adventurer?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,848
    Superusers
    What do you mean powerbank? It cannot be charged while in use if that is what you are thinking. To just charge in general any powerbank will work, try to find one that is 2.2.amp to minimize charging time.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • memphis_ESPmemphis_ESP Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    What do you mean powerbank? It cannot be charged while in use if that is what you are thinking. To just charge in general any powerbank will work, try to find one that is 2.2.amp to minimize charging time.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    You can use the watch while it is charging. I did it.
    Superusers
    You can but it is not realistic to use it in practice in my experience. Unless they changed the programming recently, if the watch has a change in power state (plugging in or unplugging) it resets the activity, so plugging it in mid-run would end your activity. Your only option is to start it plugged into a battery pack and let it stay plugged in until the battery pack runs out at which point it should switch to the internal battery without resetting. You cannot wear the watch with the charger on and if you put it in a pack any jostling will likely dislodge the dock which would then reset it, so this is not really feasible. You could try taping or strapping it to the charger but honestly it is more trouble than it is worth. For my ultras I use a different watch with an Ultratrac mode or wear two watches, stopping the first when it is almost depleted and then starting the second. I can then join those files afterwards to make one file. With the Adventurer you can use hiking mode that gets 24 hours of battery life by a less frequent sampling interval, but I find a noticeable loss in accuracy.

If you found a practical way around it, I would love to hear about it.
  • marcosilvamarcosilva Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    I go to the slopes for snowboarding and i think my tom tom adventurer doesnt record my runs during all day. I need between some stops to charge my whatch in the mointain. What is the best powerbank light and powerfull?
    Superusers
    marcosilva wrote:
    I go to the slopes for snowboarding and i think my tom tom adventurer doesnt record my runs during all day. I need between some stops to charge my whatch in the mointain. What is the best powerbank light and powerfull?
    This is a forum for TomTom watches, not power banks. There are thousands of them out there and they are all about the same. You want one that discharges at 2.4amps with a high capacity so you can get multiple charges off of it. Search Amazon or Google.