Sync steps to Samsung Health — TomTom Community

Sync steps to Samsung Health

MhogendoornMhogendoorn Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
Only activities are synced to other apps. I used to use runkeeper for my running activities before I got my tt runner 3. All my running history is in Runkeeper. The syncing of running activities between tt runner 3 and runkeeper is working. Runkeeper also syncs to Samsung Health. This way I can see all my activities within one app on my phone. But besides this I would like to have the ability to sync my step count directly to Samsung Health. Now if I leabe my phone at home when I go for a walk Samsung reports zero steps and tt runnner 10000.....

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169
    Superusers
    It currently connects to Apple Health and Google Fit, not Samsung Health. You may be able to use on of them as an intermediary by uploading to that and then from there to Samsung. There has been no indication they are adding Samsung, it will depend on what overlap there is in users and if there is enough demand to justify the resources to do it. Yours is the first request I have seen for it so there may not be enough demand.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MhogendoornMhogendoorn Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I tried google fit but it doesn't seem to sync the step count. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But on the other hand.. samsung and google don't sync.
  • m_hrm_hr Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi too bought tomtom spark 3. To my surprise, I found that i cannot sync step count to Samsung health. I have samsung galaxy s6 and also use different device for heart rate monitoring which syncs to samsung health. Please suggest a method to sync step count to samsung health.

Why is samsung health not able to find Tomtom in its accessories.
  • dikkiadikkia Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    I would like to use tt runner2 with shealth also...and a couple of friends of mine too. Our running history is there. Pls make compatibility with this app. It would be great....
  • Nezit6Nezit6 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I use my TomTom runner 2 for running and sports.
    If I could sync steps, Samsung Health and TomTom would be the best app and device out there for fitness tracking.

Tom tom has the best customer service out there, would never consider switching to anyone else.

Make steps sync happen TomTom
  • Krzysiek17Krzysiek17 Posts: 51 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I tried google fit but it doesn't seem to sync the step count. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But on the other hand.. samsung and google don't sync.

The same problem here :(
    Did you find any solution?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169
    Superusers
    Krzysiek17 wrote:
    The same problem here :(
    Did you find any solution?
    The problem is that people don't seem to understand how these connections work. It takes steps form Google and Apple (through your phone) and posts them to TomTom, not the other way around. This is so if you are not wearing your watch you can still have your steps reflected in MySports. It is not meant to post the steps calculated by TT to Apple or Google.
  • Krzysiek17Krzysiek17 Posts: 51 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    The problem is that I have Gear S3 and it syncs my steps with google fit BUT google fit doesn't sync these steps with tomtom sports
    That's all :(
  • NaviathanNaviathan Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    The problem is that people don't seem to understand how these connections work. It takes steps form Google and Apple (through your phone) and posts them to TomTom, not the other way around. This is so if you are not wearing your watch you can still have your steps reflected in MySports. It is not meant to post the steps calculated by TT to Apple or Google.

No I think the problem here is that TomTom seems to think everyone wants to use their My Sports app to get a full picture of their fitness rather than letting the apps that have been doing this for far longer and have far more connections do it for them. This is the dumbest thing with this watch. I'm going to find another fitbit.