Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

13435373940100

Comments

  • luisnabaisluisnabais Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Is there any topic related to the real fix for this issue? Or only this one? This seems just like rollback requests, not a real solution.

    When will this be solved? Is TomTom trying to solve this?

    Thank you
  • pintasmpintasm Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @pintasm @SusannaofSweden With the version 1.7.60, the battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. If you wish, I can put you back on 1.3.255 version but you'll loose the new features. Let me know!

    Ok @lampard , if it can solve my connection and battery problems, i'll take it.
    The only way i can connect most of the times is if i forget the device and add it again. That's quite annoying. And even that sometimes doesn't work. Please put my spark in 1.3.255 version.
  • SusannaofSwedenSusannaofSweden Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @pintasm @SusannaofSweden With the version 1.7.60, the battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. If you wish, I can put you back on 1.3.255 version but you'll loose the new features. Let me know!

    @lampard Ok, please do that. Hopefully that will solve my battery issues...

    luisnabais wrote:
    When will this be solved? Is TomTom trying to solve this?

    Thank you

    I would also like to know when there will be a real solution, and a new version that actually works...??
  • luisnabaisluisnabais Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Today me and my wife went to where we bought her runner 3 watch and tried to connect he watch to an Android phone and did the same thing.
    We also tried to connect her phone to a runner 3 which was being displayed on the store, which connected without any issue.

    After that, my wife tried to connect her phone to her runner 3 again and, although it didn't work for a few times, she noticed the phone tried the connection for longer time and didn't ask to Pair, just tried the connection.
    After many retries, one of them which took very long, unexpectedly said "Connected".

    So, out of nowhere, the issue is solved. Don't know exactly how it was solved. But it seems related to conflicts in Bluetooth connection.

    The people who can't connect, try to connect first to another watch with older software and the the new one. Just a test.
  • ry1989anry1989an Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks for trying that but that still didn't connect to my sony xperia xz1 compact
  • paulpaypaulpay Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a Spark on the beta 1.7.53 software, and the bluetooth pairing issue is seriously annoying me and has done for months.

    Can you please provide to me the update to fix that allows me to pair my watch to my Android.

    I do not care about the battery drain for the phone notifications, it's a feature I do not use.

    Thanks
  • Ana_KAna_K Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

    I have TomTom Spark 3 cardio + music and and after last update to version 1.7.62 I'm unable to connect it to my Huawei P8 Lite. Please could you roll me back to a previous version that does work.

    Thanks
  • RprpiresRprpires Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard , could you please roll my SPARK watch software back to 1.6.26, please?
    Having the same issues reported here... :(

    Thanks.
  • Boardy01Boardy01 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can I please have my account linked to the old firmware please?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,015 TomTom Moderator
    Hi All,

    The team is working on a fix for Bluetooth issue with the watch but sorry, we don't have any timeline for this! Once we've any update, we'll post back here.

    @seos2k @ry1989an Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in the link here to remove the watch from Bluetooth setting of your smartphone and try again? We only have issues with Huawei P8 or P8 Lite smartphones, let us know how it goes!

    @pintasm @SusannaofSweden I've put you on the old version 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

    @DinaG @paulpay @Boardy01 I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

    @Ana_K There's an ongoing issue with the Huawei P8/P8 Lite smartphones unable to pair with the Sports App with no workaround. For now, you need to use PC to upload the activities & QuickGPSfix on the watch.If you've any other smartphone then let me know and I'll revert the firmware verison so that you can sync it with the Sports App.

    @Rprpires Are you facing the battery issue or the pairing issue? Depending on this, I'll revert the firmware version on your watch.

    Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!
    

  • RprpiresRprpires Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,

    The team is working on a fix for Bluetooth issue with the watch but sorry, we don't have any timeline for this! Once we've any update, we'll post back here.

    @seos2k @ry1989an Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in the link here to remove the watch from Bluetooth setting of your smartphone and try again? We only have issues with Huawei P8 or P8 Lite smartphones, let us know how it goes!

    @pintasm @SusannaofSweden I've put you on the old version 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

    @DinaG @paulpay @Boardy01 I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

    @Ana_K There's an ongoing issue with the Huawei P8/P8 Lite smartphones unable to pair with the Sports App with no workaround. For now, you need to use PC to upload the activities & QuickGPSfix on the watch.If you've any other smartphone then let me know and I'll revert the firmware verison so that you can sync it with the Sports App.

    @Rprpires Are you facing the battery issue or the pairing issue? Depending on this, I'll revert the firmware version on your watch.

    Cheers, lampard
    @lampard , sorry... my bad!
    I'm just facing the paring issue.

    Thanks again.
  • BjornLentjesBjornLentjes Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Runner 2 empty battery when not empty after update to 1.7.60.
    After connecting to charge for 1 second It is okay again.
    This was also with the previous version.
    please downgrade to earlier version.
  • dpelchatdpelchat Posts: 48 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hi @lampard, I was given 1.7.60 but I still have connectivity issues. I'm using notifications, and basically the watch will not reconnect if it goes out of range then back. It was working fine with 1.7.53. can you please give me back 1.7.53? Thanks.
  • lauraklaurak Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard

    I am also unable to pair my Runner 3 with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 - Android 6.0). My Runner 3 is on version 1.7.62.

    Please would you be able to downgrade me to a firmware that will allow me to pair.
    Thanks in advance
  • paulpaypaulpay Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard , thank you, I have just performed a successful pair with the 1.7.60 software.
  • MichielBMichielB Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lampard, i rolled back to 1.3.255, thanks. I am able to pair again, so for now up and "running" !
  • Hans12Hans12 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard bluetooth syncing not working on my runner 3 could you please revert firmware back thanks.
  • InitialDRulzInitialDRulz Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard

    I would also like to request to downgrade to 1.3.255. Predominantly i use it as a music player, and since 1.6 onwards i've been having extreme battery issues where it wouldn't last longer than 30 minutes before dying out haha

    Thanks
  • Radzix5Radzix5 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi @lampard

    I would also like to request to downgrade to 1.3.255.
  • demian62demian62 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Hello, @lampard
    I have a runner 3 and it will not let me enter the pin in a bq e5 4g.
    With an earlier version in my runner 3 could it be paired?
    I think I have bluetooh 4.0
    Thank you.
  • ZHAOWENZHAOWEN Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard

    I have just recently purchased the tomtom adventure GPS and am unable to connect it to my phone(Android 6.0). I am on version 1.7.62. Please could you roll me back to a previous version that does work.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,015 TomTom Moderator
    @Madri @amul @laurak @Hans12 @demian62 @ZHAOWEN I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

    @BjornLentjes @InitialDRulz @Radzix5 I've put you on the old version 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

    @dpelchat I've put you on the old version 1.7.53. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

    Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!
    

  • ZHAOWENZHAOWEN Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard


    The problem has been Solved .


    Thank you!
  • ZaynoZayno Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard

    You previously reset the software on my Runner 3 watch to 1.7.60. The watch now syncs to the TomTom app on my IPhone 6.

    However, the Runner 3 watch still no longer connects to the TomTom Bluetooth headphones? Do you have a fix for this issue?

    Thanks.
  • OdimilsomOdimilsom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard

    I am also unable to pair my Runner 2 cardio with my phone (Android 6.0). My Runner is on version 1.7.62.

    Please would you be able to downgrade me to a firmware that will allow me to pair.
    Thanks.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online2

2 Guests