Demo route issue on GO Mobile App — TomTom Community

Demo route issue on GO Mobile App

lneamlneam Posts: 56 [Renowned Trailblazer]
tomtom GO application has the ability for demo route. So when we choose departure point and destination point the application creates the route. The next step for user, is to visit the route menu from setting and choose "play demo route". At this point we have a big problem. The application adds the last known location and ours departure point, appears as intermediate point (next stop). This is very stupid process, because if we plan to visit another country and we need to check how to navigate, we must wait for the application to traver 2 or more countries until our original route makes possible.

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    "Route Preview" always starts at the GPS position. A workaround is a Fake GPS position.
  • lneamlneam Posts: 56 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I have experience from the follow navigation programs, during past years

IGO, Mireo Don't Panic, Mireo Genius Maps, Here Maps, Here WeGo, Sygic Car Navigation, Sygic Aura, Sygic Track, Sygic Taxi, Be on Road, Navigon, Osmand+, Locus Map Pro, Copilot, Magic Earth, Mapfactor, MapsME, CitisNAV

ALL of them works as it should. I believe tomtom GO in this points takes the red card
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 232 [Exalted Navigator]
    lneam,

I have worked lots of the GPS app you talk about.
    They all once gps position is established that is your starting point.
    Be it demo or ready to drive.

You can not except to run a demo of a route if you are 10 km's way or 100km's.
    It has to get to that point some how.

I understand what you are trying to do.

You are not going to sit in front of your smartphone for 2 hours watching the demo.

But in all fairness is it not easier to plan each stop and save it.

Example:

First location:

Home to Brussels Train Station.
    You are going to stop there anyway.

Next location:
    your at the Brussels Train Station and you want to go to the Antwerpen harbor.
    Again you are going to stop there anyway.

Next location:
    your at the Antwerp harbor and you want to go to Munster Germany.

Each one of these location are now saved as your destination points.

You now can change any destination point you want to should something come up.

When I was always traveling for my work I always go calls to change my next stop.
    My boss was very good at that.

The same goes for making a vacations.

I plan weeks ahead which hotels I am going to and save each of them.
    Any places I want to see are saved at these locations by themselfs.
    Even if I chance my mine and not go there.

No need to put all this info in one route......

Things do change for one reason or another.

But I am not going to run a demo of each trip.
    Got better things to do.
    here we can see from another navigation program one more option we have inside demo route. Into this section the user can fast check "demo preview", very easy
    92c64989-2ccc-4672-a425-21ce264e88ab.jpgb60496c8-6e34-470f-bc7f-f323a72dd0d9.jpg
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    Nobody forces you to use TomTom.
    When I made my first post, I tried to make in practice the theory of "costumer feedback". This is how things can be better. That's why I wrote from my experience, how the 99% of other navigation software do thinks very well.

And something else. If users like ethoz or aspirin624 has the right to judge the others with expressions like this, I believe some people have problems with his characters

I understand what you are trying to do. You are not going to sit in front of your smartphone for 2 hours watching the demo.

Nobody forces you to use TomTom.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,066 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Asprin624 wrote:
    lneam,You can not except to run a demo of a route if you are 10 km's way or 100km's. It has to get to that point some how.
    Of course you can wish for or expect exactly that. It would be great to preview some planned trip along the path of Route 66 or through the Yellowstone National Park while still at home in London or wherever and still planning your upcoming vacation. However TomTom does not (yet?) offer that feature.
    lneam,

There is no need to run a demo just setup your route with TomTom MyDrive.

It will give you all the details you want no matter were you are.
    You can zoom in along the route and add stops anywhere along the route.

When you are finished you can add it to the TomTom app on your phone or tablet.

It saves time watching a demo.
    And you have all the info you need on the trip you are planning.

see screen shot:
    893d19ba-feda-4f33-bb03-3b0baddd5039.jpg

I do not see the advantage of making a route on my phone and sitting back and watching the demo drive of the route that you made..

And even so when it is more that 10 mins long.

What more can you get out of it?
    Maybe seeing a speed cam???

Doing on your PC or laptop give you a better over view of the trip you want to make and any changes you might want to make before you leave.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,066 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Asprin624 wrote:
    lneam,

There is no need to run a demo just setup your route with TomTom MyDrive.
    The Play Route Preview is quite different from a display of a static 2-D route planning view and the fact that you have no need for it does not equate to there being no need. For example they can be very helpful in preparation before driving through the centre of an unfamiliar big city or navigating some complex highway interchanges, and even more so where the road signs will all be in some foreign language.
    All I can say on this matter is for you to use the other 18 gps app you have listed.
    You have given TomTom GO a red card anyway.
    You have been told what you want to do with a demo in TomTom Go does not work.
    I have spelled out other ways to do the same thing.
    But you do not want to take anyone's advice.

Enough on this topic.........
    tgold wrote:
    Of course you can wish for or expect exactly that. It would be great to preview some planned trip along the path of Route 66 or through the Yellowstone National Park while still at home in London or wherever and still planning your upcoming vacation. However TomTom does not (yet?) offer that feature.

thank you for your answer. I agree with your point of view.

No matter if we are a few users, who like this option, It will be a nice option if tomtom add this, in the near future. I believe it's so simple, the user has the ability to change the starting point in our demo route, if we want to travel very soon.