MyDrive Connect- Error after application installation

Peter JanssenPeter Janssen Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited January 31 in MyDrive Connect
Starting Mydrive connect I have to instal a update. After this update Mydrive connect wont work anymore. So I can't update my device (start 25)

d5186830-395e-4348-b168-81302b155d38.png

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,189 Superusers
    You might try the FREEWARE version of Revo Uninstaller to completely remove MyDriveConnect.

Get it here:
    https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Then get a fresh copy at tomtom.com/getstarted and see if things are better.
  • BomohBomoh Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    I got same problem right now. I used Revo uninstaller and reinstalled My Drive. Same problem came back. There is some problem with this update.
    Call support then:

Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1007
    Maandag t/m vrijdag van 9.00 tot 17:30
    I'm in Australia....................Holland very inconvenient to me.

I'm expecting Tom Tom to reply through this forum or answer the question I sent direct to them.
    Sorry. Here's a number for you:

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
    Thankyou
  • MarcusrmMarcusrm Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I have this problem, the windows log (W7) is
    TomTom MyDrive Connect.exe 4.2.0.3377 5a4ceff9 MxMGLV.DLL 8.15.1.1419 522f9759 c0000005 006e321b ae8 01d38bceef1e17a9 C:\Program Files\MyDrive Connect\TomTom MyDrive Connect.exe C:\Windows\system32\MxMGLV.DLL 3df54a07-f7c2-11e7-8084-020406080a0c
    saying it's to do with a screen driver dll, so I updated this, no change,
    Also:
    Fault bucket 3259863846, type 352095182
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: TomTom MyDrive Connect.exe
    P2: 4.2.0.3377
    P3: 5a4ceff9
    P4: MxMGLV.DLL
    P5: 8.15.1.1419
    P6: 522f9759
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 006e321b
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    C:\Users\marcus\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB9B1.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_TomTom MyDrive C_ba8973f2c7cf8d7d03db8b4c53814264cc82f_06403ae2

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 3df54a07-f7c2-11e7-8084-020406080a0c
    Report Status: 0

good luck
    You might try support when open:

Luxembourg
    +33 1 7036 3582
    lundi-vendredi: 10h00-17h30
  • Ago60Ago60 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Me too
    After update to TomTom MyDrive Connect.exe 4.2.0.3377 it does not work anymore
    Support Monday, Ago60:

Italia
    lunedì-venerdì: ore 09:00-17:30 CET
    looking at this, the problem seems to be that Tomtom has code that is incompatible with a large number of screen drivers where the hardware is not entirely the newest. unfair I think. My main pc has a professional multiscreen Matrox card, with the latest drivers on W7, it fails, saying Microsoft will advise if a fis is available !. as above in Dutch. my brand new laptop uses brand new hardware and drivers loads perfectly. I would say it's down to Tomtom to produce a fix for the ir package.
  • peter146peter146 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too have the same problem with a 9 month old Start 25. l saw that l had 3 nav updates available but was told l had to download a mydrive connect update before continuing.
    Did that to find my oldish ( 4 yrs ) laptop running Windows 7 was lacking whatever was needed to download the nav updates. Tried updating programmes and stil no better.

A lot of money for a Start 25 with lifetime maps and 9 months support.
    Call support Monday as you are not alone, peter146:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • peter146peter146 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you dhn, very kind
  • Peter JanssenPeter Janssen Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Bomoh wrote:
    I got same problem right now. I used Revo uninstaller and reinstalled My Drive. Same problem came back. There is some problem with this update.
    The same by me
  • erik merik m Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Same problem. I'm in Norway. Can't this be solved here? I expect rush on Telephone!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    Hello all

Sorry to know about the trouble caused due to the recent update on MyDrive Connect.

Our team is already aware of this issue and it is been investigated on a high priority.

In the meanwhile could you please try few troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:
    • Uninstall MyDrive Connect
    • Now download a fresh copy of MyDrive Connect here

If the issue still persists then please contact customer service so they can keep a track of reports.

Thank you
    -Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    Hi all

Sorry to know about the trouble caused due to the recent update on MyDrive Connect.

Our team is already aware of this issue and it is been investigated on a high priority.

In the meanwhile could you please try few troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:
    1. Exit MyDrive Connect
    2. From Windows logo> Computer> right click> Properties>Advance> Environment Variables> On USER VARIABLE> click NEW> enter the values as shown in the print screen below
    69ef4850-6f76-4233-9095-568c13d316f2.jpg
    Variable name: QT_OPENGL
    Variable value: angle

3.Click on OK to confirm and try to start MyDrive Connect application again.

Thanks
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • Ko HartogKo Hartog Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have tried the above solution, the program doesnt crash anymore. however when i start it i just get a white screen. The link that are supposed to be there actually are. i was able to click a link to the site. But it doesnt seem to do much else. after restarting it and reconnecting the system. it does something but looks really weird: https://prnt.sc/i0q556
    the images shoot all over the place, but hovering over the correct location i can click to buttons.
  • RobinMGTF200RobinMGTF200 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the reply, I went in as suggested above and changed the variables, the program starts but still crashes out as soon as you go to download the require program update closing it down with this error - http://nsis,sf.net/nsis_error

Thanks Robin
    Vikram, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately still got same issues. I'm opening a ticket at Tom Tom as per their request.
  • Single Track JunkeeSingle Track Junkee Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MyDrive Connect Version: 4.2.0.3377 update is the problem. Please revert to previous version which operated without fail. I am planning on travelling to some Southern African States with this issue at hand - You cannot even get out of the hanging white screen without having to power off the system.
  • Pierre8903Pierre8903 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes crash too her in Europe since new version 4.2.0.3377
    AND you can't go previous IMPOSSIBLE because MyDrive tells you to update and is able to do nothing else than downloading and installing this crash version.
    I'm under WIN7 64bit.050f1068-ae27-46e3-baf1-10b1a514abb1.jpg
    First install then crash

3c98e0dc-ed86-46d5-a39c-6559c3761db0.jpg
  • WizardOfOzWizardOfOz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have same problem with version 4.2.0.3377 on Windows 7. Requested support here in Italy and they confirmed this new version is crashing after program start and the problem is currently under investigation at the development team.
    Since no other previous version (correctly operating) can be used anymore due to the forced updating to this new failing version, I think that the most useful thing to temporarily solve the problem is that TomTom completely remove the 4.2.0 version from its servers and replace it with a previous one, say 4.1.6 or 4.1.7, thus allowing users to install it and be able to update their navigation devices again with new GPS Fixes and maps. Once the new 4.2.0 is fixed, and hopefully tested much much much intensively, it could be made available to the users.
    Honestly I don't understand why TomTom doesn't give the user the freedom to choose whether install a new update or keep using an older, but surely working and satisfying, version of MyDrive Connect.
    Regards
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online2

2 Guests