TomTom Golfer shows 'storage low' — TomTom Community

TomTom Golfer shows 'storage low'

RRLRRL Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
My watch has started buzzing and shows a message 'storage low'
What does this mean and do I need to do anything?

Comments

• RRLRRL Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The factory reset did not work. I am trying again today but the program appears to be stuck on a page ‘ restarting your watch’ ‘fixing an issue with your watch’ which has been running for the last 30 minutes.
  • RRLRRL Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have now tried 3 resets including from recovery mode and quite frankly I think this is the worst bit of tech and online support that I have ever used.
    the golf course updates is taking over 2 hours and then fails before it completes.
    the watch will not sync with my iPhone via Bluetooth.
    this is an awful product!!!!!
  • jdwet1980jdwet1980 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Golfer watch blink with "Low storage".
    I have done a reset and the message stopped.

When I update the maps/courses the low storage reappear. Is there a way I can only update the courses i choose? I don't need the 40000 courses around the world.
    I play courses far from where I am and do not travel with a PC. So if only the 20 closest courses to myself update it still would not work. I need to select wich courses or region to update...

The golfer app redirect me to mysports app, I already have a runner 3 watch linked to the app, there is no setting for multiple devices? When I unpair my Runner 3 watch and pair my golfer watch it just redirects me to the golfer app... This is just going around in circles...
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,689
    Community Manager
    There are two Golfer watches linked your account. The Low storage message should only appear on the Golfer 1. This is caused by fragmentation of the memory, not by too little memory. Re-installing all courses should fix this. But if you've done a factory reset ("Reset" in the Sports Connect settings) you had to re-install all courses anyway.

I'm afraid there is indeed no way to link more than one watch to the mobile app. In this case you better use the Golfer watch with your mobile device because there is no option to get round details on the Sports website. You only see them listed a such as a side effect of the rounds being stored in the cloud.
  • Gav1927Gav1927 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    RRL wrote:
    I have now tried 3 resets including from recovery mode and quite frankly I think this is the worst bit of tech and online support that I have ever used.
    the golf course updates is taking over 2 hours and then fails before it completes.

tried to update mine and the exactly the same thing has happened ! "Your watch need to update golf courses for the best experience. This may take over an hour". terrible product!
    Community Manager
    This is usually caused by fragmentation of the memory. Installing global courses in the Setting of Sports Connect should fix this.
  • LrainvilleLrainville Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Im having the same issues,I have reset 3 times..updated maps ,Now i cant even use it on the course..Please help :)
  • Hans-Peter SantegoetsHans-Peter Santegoets Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem.
    Performed several factory-resets, but still getting the message: "Storage Full".
  • MikkoSPMikkoSP Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I am also having exactly same issue. I received a used Golfer, made full reset (actually three times). Now it gives "Storage" error continuously.
  • js71js71 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    same problem here, no matter how many times you reset, after every time it says "storage low".
  • my gps watch is flashing up a storage full warning, how do I clearout some space.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,443 Moderator
    Hi mwoods

I have moved your post to an existing topic where all the user reporting the 'storage low' error on the Golfer watch can discuss this together. Also, this helps (us) the moderators to manage things in a better way; instead of having to look for similar comments scattered on different topics.

The storage low error on the Golfer is a known issue. We have an open ticket which is under investigation with our technical team. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm on an estimated time for a fix at the moment so we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

I had a quick look at the contact history on your account. Unfortunately, I am not able to find the incident number for your contact.

If you can click on this link to send me the incident number through a private message; I can send them a heads up so they are aware of your posting on the community.

Regards
    Vikram
  • LongbowLongbow Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am also having the same problem with a golfer 1 SE. The watch was purchased in September from American Golf which they are still selling as the TomTom Golfer limited edition, the watch has worked well up until the migration from the golf app to the new TomTom Sports connect. I now get constant reminders that storage is low or full. I have performed a factory reset numerous times have lost the rounds that I have played from the watch score history. however I do still appear to be able to use the watch and score a round which updated to the sports app on my iPhone and PC although it did not appear in the watch score history.

Why have TomTom moved from a good app specifically for Golf to a multi
    purpose app and PC Programme that records heart rate and a plethora of
    other health related information none of which I want or are recorded by the
    watch?

Also the iPhone app shows the score but now half of the screen is taken up by a futile picture of a golf buggy (why), I want to see the score not a picture! The move to the TomTom Sports app is a disaster! destroying what was a good product. I want a dedicated golf app for a golf watch. If I had wanted a device that records health information I would have bought a health product not a golf product.

I note that a previous post says ‘The storage low error on the Golfer is a known issue. We have an open ticket which is under investigation with our technical team. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm on an estimated time for a fix at the moment so we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.’

No estimated time for a fix is not acceptable as this is a critical error caused by TomTom resulting in watches being unusable in many cases.

Please make the previous version of the phone apps and Golf watch PC Software available again immediately (the one before the preparation to migrate software) so that owners can update their watch with the previous version which works. annoyingly the TomTom app in the IPhone app store downloads the Sports app!

I also suggest a rethink of the one app (sports connect) fits all, which it clearly doesn’t.
  • johnlw22johnlw22 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    same problem here. tried to do a factory reset and that is about as worth while as my watch is on the course at the moment. pretty useless service from tomtom tech team.
    when will this be resolved?
    after trying all of the resets my watch will now not pair with my phone, this needs sorting asap
  • biddlerulesbiddlerules Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the exact same issues. Done numerous factory resets and just get back to the same point of there being an issue with the watch. The watch has worked perfectly until I have had to switch to the "New App"
  • bl2bl2 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I face the same problem as everyone else.
    May I suggest to the TomTom Tech Team to read this book before making any change ?
    "Managing the Testing Process: Practical Tools and Techniques for Managing Hardware and Software Testing 3rd Edition - Rex Black"
  • RKGJoondalupRKGJoondalup Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Gav1927 wrote:
    RRL wrote:
    tried to update mine and the exactly the same thing has happened ! "Your watch need to update golf courses for the best experience. This may take over an hour". terrible product!
  • pefopefo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Looks like the can't fix this problem so they are sending me a golfer 2 watch.
  • johnnymallenjohnnymallen Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I have tried to get this watch working 10 times now and am ready to give up. Constantly says problem with golf courses, tries to fix, won't fix, try resetting, updating golf course (takes over an hour) then starts again at there is a problem...

This is so frustrating. It is unusable. I hope this isn't just a way to get you to buy a new watch from them!
  • bl2bl2 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    You are lucky @pefo!
    I returned mine and as they can not repair it, they refunded me.
    Community Manager
    There is a new map of global golf courses available now which fixes the issue. Please connect your watch to TomTom Sports Connect, go to the settings page by clicking the cogwheel and update all courses.