GO 6200 mount problem, can't make it a dash mount! — TomTom Community

GO 6200 mount problem, can't make it a dash mount!

Can anyone help. I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn the mount the other way up so I can use it as a dash mount rather than a windscreen one

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Mattdoyle

Welcome to the community:)

The mount for the GO 6200 should rotate at the ball joint so you can adjust it as per your requirement for the dashboard or the windscreen.

If the mount does not rotate then it has to be faulty and you will have to contact customer service for a replacement.

Regards
    Vikram
  • bertstebbertsteb Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have exact the same problem with my new GO5200. The mount doesn't rotate on the ball. If I try it to rotate, I am afraid to break the mount. Someway it is stuck. Can someone help?
    I went back to the store. A strong young guy forced it to move (I did'nt dare to do). Now the ball joint moves, although with using rather much power. Not quit quality stuff!
  • OblongOblong Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Put a bit of fluid on the ball. Spit. Then it moves fine.
    Of course, that is the idea. I used some teflon spray; now it is working fine.
    Thanks!:8
  • JessebearJessebear Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can anyone tell me if I need a dashboard mount disk to mount GO6200 to dashboard?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,103 Superusers
    Hi

You will need a dashboard mount disk to mount
    Unless the position on the dash where you want to mount the device is totally smooth i.e no embossed patterns or a curved shape...

ATB YFM
  • hairdoghairdog Posts: 38 [Master Explorer]
    Well after a while like maybe 4 weeks this will happen. Bad design and only GPS brand that I have had issues with. c815477f-bf4a-4a22-8366-7ea36ab12b65.jpg
  • turbojetturbojet Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I zip tied mount on to Perspex then zip tied it to the dash mat have no more problems of it falling off wind screen any more54d29722-54ed-4f9c-9c93-e04235e78c1d.jpg
  • AungAung Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    turbojet wrote:
    I zip tied mount on to Perspex then zip tied it to the dash mat have no more problems of it falling off wind screen any more54d29722-54ed-4f9c-9c93-e04235e78c1d.jpg
    Hi Turbojet,
    How did you zip tie the perspex to the dash mat? What did you use to do it? Did it make stable on the dashboard?
    Regards,
    Aung