Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• DikkieDikkie Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @Lampard , thanks for your very quick help. It works now, but it was not the 1.7.60 downgrade that did the trick, it was the following: "Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone". I was not aware of that... Hope it helps some opther users with the same issue.
  • dgoadby1dgoadby1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard,

please also downgrade my firmware to 1.7.60 as I have the same sync problems on my runner 3.

Thanks,

Dave
  • maririmariri Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard thank you for downgrading my Spark3 to 1.7.60 - which unfortunately didn't solve the sync problem. Additionally, the watch does not count my steps any more. Would you please suggest another version that mights work? This is getting really annoying. Thank you.
  • luisnabaisluisnabais Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    This is just too annoying. This issue has been happening with my TomTom Runner 3 and my wife's, which I got her on her birthday. We both have iPhones (7 and SE) and also an iPad, the issue happens on all of them.

I don't want a downgrade, I want this issue to be solved.

If this continues, I will change brand and start to recommend other brands. An issue so big can't go on for so long and TomTom people say a downgrade is the solution.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,725 Superusers
    luisnabais wrote:
    This is just too annoying. This issue has been happening with my TomTom Runner 3 and my wife's, which I got her on her birthday. We both have iPhones (7 and SE) and also an iPad, the issue happens on all of them.

I don't want a downgrade, I want this issue to be solved.

If this continues, I will change brand and start to recommend other brands. An issue so big can't go on for so long and TomTom people say a downgrade is the solution.
    Change brands. TomTom has left the wearables market and is no longer producing devices. they will likely get a fix eventually but who knows when. As to recommending other brands, since TT is not selling watches anymore that is not much of a threat to them. Your only choice is to downgrade or sync by computer, which works fine.
  • SusannaofSwedenSusannaofSweden Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard My battery is still behaving very strangely, even after going back to version 1.7.60. I don't knowingly use the phone notifications (how do I check that?). Even when the watch has been connected the whole time since the last time I used it, the battery hasn't loaded. Is that due to this software issue or is it the watch itself that's the problem?
  • rosaoliverosrosaoliveros Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard I got a TomTom Runner 3 Cardio for my birthday in early December and I haven't been able to pair it ever since. Neither to my phone (a moto g5 plus) nor to my boyfriend's iPhone. Could you please downgrade me to 1.7.6.0? Thanks a lot! :)
  • MichielBMichielB Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    [h3]@lampard ; could you please downgrade me to software version 1.3.255 ? This is the version i came from before upgrading to 1.7.62. After the latest upgrade the bluetooth sync with my Iphone 6s is broken. Thanks in advance![/h3]
  • bellagio90bellagio90 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard Could you please rollback my software version from 1.7.62 back to 1.7.60? I also encounter bluetooth sync issues. Thanks in advance!
  • paddy0nepaddy0ne Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard please also roll me back to a version that will pair/sync with iPhone. I have the Spark 3 and exactly the same issue everyone is describing: displaying pairing 6-digit code for a few seconds then going back to menu while phone is still connecting. I tried factory reset, forget watch from Bluetooth, etc. and nothing worked. Thanks.
  • seos2kseos2k Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    @lampard could you please roll me back, too, i have the same bluetooth sync issues with 1.7.62
  • dpelchatdpelchat Posts: 48 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    @lampard could you please roll me back, too, i have bluetooth connection issues with 1.7.62. I was just fine with 1.7.53. thanks
  • Johanna10Johanna10 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    I understand what’s you are saying about changing brands, I am very close to doing the same. I don’t see why we should, £170 for a sports watch that doesn’t even last 6 months and you have to charge twice a day just is not good enough. Let’s hope they find a fix very soon.
  • Radzix5Radzix5 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi folks!So I had a problem with pairing watch with phone. It looked like watch was showing me window to insert the PIN but I didn't see this window and I couldn't insert the PIN. TomTom sent my watch on guarantee and ...That is really funny ...they fixed battery...lol ? Now they don't read my emails about this problem ... So i tried to fix it by myself and I installed apk TT Sports ver 5.0.0 from (https://m.apkpure.com/tomtom-sports/com.tomtom.Sports) on the phone. Now I can pair watch with phone and almost everything is working properly.50b9b2c5-b1e2-4215-8507-ba426388790e.png10888c59-327a-4192-b584-fb445266c275.jpg
  • MarkbakaMarkbaka Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello @lampard please can you downgrade me to 1.7.60 - thanks
  • pintasmpintasm Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I've downgraded to 1.7.60 (Thanks @lampard !) but battery is still awful. I wonder if its worth downgrading to a previous version, or to wait for a newer version that will correct all the issues...
  • Sil40Sil40 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    My watch after latest update won't connect to my android phone. While you work on a fix would you please restate my previous version which was working fine
  • lhuselhuse Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard Could you please downgrade me to 1.7.60 as well, thanks
  • HaylonHaylon Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard, Could you please downgrade me to 1.7.60 as well, thanks in advance!
  • HammerDieHammerDie Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard thank for downgrade to 1.3.255, but this not fixed my battery drain, everyday I need to charged :(
    Maybe in my case the problem is the battery and no the software, I will try to use the warranty with Amazon and I will take and other GPS watch from other brand. A lot of issues with this TomTom watch (pairing, batery, strap, ...)
  • Sil40Sil40 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Not sure do we ask here to reset our software to previous version? Same issue with Bt connectivity
  • KerryLeatKerryLeat Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi

I have just recently purchased the TomTom Runner 3 and am unable to connect it to my Samsung S8. I am on version 1.7.62. Please could you roll me back to a previous version that does work.

Thanks
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,020 TomTom Moderator
    @Oakleyo111 @Millan82 @andrea_p @anne r @dgoadby1 @rosaoliveros @bellagio90 @paddy0ne @seos2k @dpelchat @vitt96 @Markbaka @ry1989an @Sil40 @lhuse @Haylon @myabtri @Gregtv I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@yspede @MichielB I've put you on the old version 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@pintasm @SusannaofSweden With the version 1.7.60, the battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. If you wish, I can put you back on 1.3.255 version but you'll loose the new features. Let me know!

@mariri Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in the link here to remove the watch from Bluetooth setting of your smartphone and try again? We only have issues with Huawei P8 or P8 Lite smartphones, let us know!

@Johanna10 This can be a hardware fault if you're watch is having the battery issues with 1.3.255. Please get in touch with our customer support an they'll be able to help you further in this case.

@KerryLeat Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• pintasmpintasm Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @pintasm @SusannaofSweden With the version 1.7.60, the battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. If you wish, I can put you back on 1.3.255 version but you'll loose the new features. Let me know!

Thanks lampard, i'm afraid that's way far back :) I'll keep 1.7.60 for now.
    Btw, can you say if there will be future releases for our sparks?

Thanks again.
  • seos2kseos2k Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    @lampard, thanks for the rollback to 1.7.60, but it didn't do the trick, can you please roll me back to 1.3.255, thank you for your support