Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 35 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• armandgenvalarmandgenval Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you @lampard, it worked!
  • igalanigalan Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard will you please downgrade my firmware to 1.3.255? Today I installed TomTom Sports Connect (bad idea) which upgraded the firmware and completely broke all bluetooth connectivity. Factory reset does not help either so I'm stuck with it. I'm very frustrtared because out of box it worked flawless, I don't know why I decided to install this app :( .
  • boogeymanboogeyman Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard could you please also revert my Spark 3 Cardo to the 1.7.60?
  • mascjemascje Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    mascje wrote:
    Since the last update my battery is quicky low battery. It uses half a battery a day... is there a solution for?

i also cant sync anymore :(
  • simon102simon102 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard - Yes please could you revert my Spark 3 Music to 1.7.60.
    Thanks
  • Johanna10Johanna10 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    NicoSA wrote:
    lampard wrote:
    [user=532226]fémur[/user] I've put you on the old version 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@Chanrazy @poakwoods @ZanetteDup @footballrusty @damkid @SimonP82 @danielbln @Johanna10 @Lafras @pcjm I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@Ashton I've put you on the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@Certio Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

Cheers, lampard
    Thank you @lampard
    Even though I was not tagged above, I ran the factory reset and it works fine now with v 1.7.60
  • Johanna10Johanna10 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you very much for updating my watch @lampard it is syncing fine now. Unfortunately I still having problems with the battery. I have having to charge it couple of times a day which is not ideal. The shop I bought it from is no longer there (Sweatshop) have you any suggestions how I can resolve this issue please? Many thanks Jo
  • maririmariri Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard,

please also downgrade my firmware to 1.7.60 as I have the same sync problems.

Thanks in advance
    Mari
  • DikkieDikkie Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Since previous update I had sync issues (connection code showing up during 0.5 secs and then going back to 'phone' in the watch menu). I upgraded to 1.7.60 now and it is still persisting :-( I had hoped so much the bug would have been fixed with the most recent update... can my firmware also be downgraded again to a version where this definitely works please? Thanks!
  • NickycncNickycnc Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dikkie wrote:
    Since previous update I had sync issues (connection code showing up during 0.5 secs and then going back to 'phone' in the watch menu). I upgraded to 1.7.60 now and it is still persisting :-( I had hoped so much the bug would have been fixed with the most recent update... can my firmware also be downgraded again to a version where this definitely works please? Thanks!Since previous update I had sync issues (connection code showing up during 0.5 secs and then going back to 'phone' in the watch menu). I upgraded to 1.7.60 now and it is still persisting :-( I had hoped so much the bug would have been fixed with the most recent update... can my firmware also be downgraded again to a version where this definitely works please? Thanks!
  • NickycncNickycnc Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard ive just updated my tom to sports to 1.7.62 this morning and now can't sync with my iPhone, please can I go back to my previous version.
  • CertioCertio Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    OK, I have some experience here which I'm going to share in case it helps other people. I got the downgrade from 1.7.62 to 1.7.60 thanks to @lampard (thank you, @lampard!). But still no joy. Then I discovered the watch was pairing to my old phone sitting in the next room. Arrgh! What an idiot! Maybe that was the problem. Uninstalled sports app from old phone, forgot watch in Bluetooth settings, switched the bloody thing off.

Factory reset, try again. Still no joy. THEN I TRIED SOME OF THESE TIPS HERE: https://www.techlicious.com/how-to/how-to-fix-bluetooth-pairing-problems/

Specifically:

5. Power the devices off and back on. A soft reset sometimes can resolve an issue. With phones, an easy way to do this is by going into and out of airplane mode.

15. Clear the Blutooth cache (Android only). Sometimes apps will interfere with Bluetooth operation and clearing the cache can solve the problem. Go Settings > Backup and restart > Reset network settings.

Then, hey presto, it worked! I don't know for how long. If the problem persists, I'll be back in this forum. But thanks again to @lampard!
  • CFischerCFischer Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    My Spark will not pair with my iPhone. Can you revert me to an older software version which will allow my watch to connect?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,536 TomTom Moderator
    [user=532226]fémur[/user] @simon102 @mascje @igalan @boogeyman @mariri @Dikkie @Nickycnc @CFischer I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@yspede @Johanna10 With the version 1.7.60, the battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. If you wish, I can put you back on 1.3.255 version but you'll loose the new features. Let me know!

@fordje1 We've an ongoing issue with the Huawei P8/P8 Lite smartphones unable to pair with the Sports App with no workaround. Software rollback is only applicable for the Spark and Spark 3, Runner 2 and Runner 3 & Adventurer, your watch is Multisport (first generation). For now, you need to use PC to upload the activities & QuickGPSfix on the watch.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • boogeymanboogeyman Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks @lampard ! But for now I will hold off with update. I tried diffrent scenarios, and for now it is working for me this method. Sync is set to the manual:
    • start the app
    • turn on BT
    • on watch go to menu -> phone (do nothing else)
    It's synced 4 times without any issue. I will investigate this method, if it was only coincidence I will downgrade FV.

Cheers
  • fordje1fordje1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @fordje1 We've an ongoing issue with the Huawei P8/P8 Lite smartphones unable to pair with the Sports App with no workaround. Software rollback is only applicable for the Spark and Spark 3, Runner 2 and Runner 3 & Adventurer, your watch is Multisport (first generation). For now, you need to use PC to upload the activities & QuickGPSfix on the watch.

Cheers,
    lampard
    Thanks, not the answer I was waiting for however. Hope you get this issue fixed. For now we wil find a workaround by using another phone then :)
  • Roian74Roian74 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard,

please also downgrade my firmware to 1.7.60 as I have the same sync problems.

Thanks in advance
  • Matthew GriffinMatthew Griffin Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello @lampard,
    Can you please roll back my firmware to 1.7.60, I can no longer connect my Spark 3 Cardio to my phone which is the main way I have been uploading my runs for the past year as i dont have access to a computer directly after my runs.
  • toonirontooniron Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hello @lampard,
    Can you please roll back my firmware to 1.7.60, I can no longer connect my watch to my android phone.

Chris
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,536 TomTom Moderator
    @Roian74 @Matthew Griffin @tooniron I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

Cheers, lampard
  • toonirontooniron Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks @lampard, the watch and phone are now paired
  • yspedeyspede Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard I would like to go on the 1.3.255 firmware, my battery time is still very poor
  • Oakleyo111Oakleyo111 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please can you roll back the software on my spark? Cheers
  • igalanigalan Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    [user=532226]fémur[/user] @simon102 @mascje @igalan @boogeyman @mariri @Dikkie @Nickycnc @CFischer I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

Thanks so much lampard, it's now working again! This Sunday I have an important race and I am now more relaxed knowing that my TomTom Runner it's going to work flawless and I can count on it for those 21 Km which I hope I can do in less than 2 h (not much, I know, but I'll be very glad if I can beat'em).

Have a nice weekend!
  • andrea_pandrea_p Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    hi. i have a TomTom Runner 3, which i bought in Dicember. the problem is that i need of connect the watch with the smartphone at the app, but it doesn't work. App and Watch begin the search, the watch shows the pin while the phone continued the search until they are extinguished. how i can do?