Watch not charging and multi function button not working — TomTom Community

Watch not charging and multi function button not working

FaullieFaullie Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited June 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
So this morning got ready to cycle to work, tried to choose the cycle option but nothing happened. Tried to go to settings and to see if i can check battery power and it stayed on the normal screen. Thought if i plugged it into my laptop it would maybe charge and watch didnt even charge. Do i need to send it away to be repaired or is there anything i could do to fix my issue?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,725
    Superusers
    You may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • AnnGAnnG Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I experienced almost the same problem. It started some days ago: the screen only reacts partly to the multifunction button.
    Mostly it shows 2 half screens, e.g.: bottom half of clock screen and top half of settings screen after clicking down or when clicking right the screen shows the right half of the clock screen and te left half of the sports screen.
    The watch also didn't charge completely. I've done a factory reset. Charging seems to work fine now but the problem of the screen still remains.
    What can I do?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,725
    Superusers
    AnnG wrote:
    I experienced almost the same problem. It started some days ago: the screen only reacts partly to the multifunction button.
    Mostly it shows 2 half screens, e.g.: bottom half of clock screen and top half of settings screen after clicking down or when clicking right the screen shows the right half of the clock screen and te left half of the sports screen.
    The watch also didn't charge completely. I've done a factory reset. Charging seems to work fine now but the problem of the screen still remains.
    What can I do?
    Same thing as recommended to the original poster, call Customer Support.