TomTom Touch HR not charging — TomTom Community

TomTom Touch HR not charging

LindoLindo Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
My touch had two bars midday yesterday, I went to bed having not charged it. When I woke this morning, it seemed to be completely discharged. I couldn't wake it by pressing the button. I then connected it to my computer, it didn't register and did not charge. I connected it to a power bank, the normal charge and quick charge connection respectively.... Nothing. No lights, no pictures, no vibration. I've even tried to connect it to a cellphone charger.... No thing. It just does not come alive, it doesn't charge. I've had it for just over 1 month. Help! What do I do now?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    Did you try a different USB cable in case it is a short in the cable? If that did not resolve it you should call Customer Support as it sounds like a hardware defect. To get the number for Customer Support, click Contact us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LindoLindo Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Did you try a different USB cable in case it is a short in the cable? If that did not resolve it you should call Customer Support as it sounds like a hardware defect. To get the number for Customer Support, click Contact us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

The issue with the my TomTom Touch has been resovled. But the above tfarabaugh's suggestion were not the solution. I did try a different cable and that also had the same results as in my original post. What I did do was leave the device connected to a charger for 20minutes and when I came back it had seemingly gained enough charge to power up? Though it was back, it was now flashing the searching for phone symbol and the time (00:00) and I couldn't pair it with the app. Eventually about 3 hours later it started showing the correct time and was seemingly synced. I'm not sure what to do with that. But my issue is resolved for now.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    Lindo wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:

The issue with the my TomTom Touch has been resovled. But the above tfarabaugh's suggestion were not the solution. I did try a different cable and that also had the same results as in my original post. What I did do was leave the device connected to a charger for 20minutes and when I came back it had seemingly gained enough charge to power up? Though it was back, it was now flashing the searching for phone symbol and the time (00:00) and I couldn't pair it with the app. Eventually about 3 hours later it started showing the correct time and was seemingly synced. I'm not sure what to do with that. But my issue is resolved for now.
    That happens when it completely loses all charge, even the minimal amount needed to keep the internal time. You need to charge it long enough for it to be able to power up the display (much like on a dead phone).