Can I change where the 'information panel' is on the screen of my Go 5200?

Delilah Twinkletoes
Delilah Twinkletoes Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a tomtom Go 5200 - I am very disappointed to find that the 'instruction panel' (that tells you what type of turn is next, for example a turn left arrow) is at the top of the screen and obscuring my view of the map ahead. Is there any way to move that instruction panel to the bottom of the screen?
Any advice gratefully received, as right now I am super disappointed with my Christmas present ?
Tagged:

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,385
     Superuser
    Are you referring to the Advanced Lane Guidance? If so, just tap the screen and you get back to the map (or driving) view.
  • miketorcy
    miketorcy Posts: 3,560
     Superuser
    No you can't. Few things can be change on the new tomtom!
  • Delilah Twinkletoes
    Apprentice Traveler
    dhn wrote:
    Are you referring to the Advanced Lane Guidance? If so, just tap the screen and you get back to the map (or driving) view.
    No, it's not the advanced lane guidance, its an information panel which is always showing - thanks though
  • Delilah Twinkletoes
    Apprentice Traveler
    miketorcy wrote:
    No you can't. Few things can't be change on the new tomtom!
    Ah, that's anoying if I can't move it. It obscures the horizon on the map which is where I tend to look. And it obscures what way the road will be bending. I wonder if others have complained and they would bring out an update?
    Thanks for your response
  • JonnyP01
    JonnyP01 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I agree that the positioning of the 'instruction panel' (top middle) prevents the user from seeing ahead very far, especially after a 'zoom in' after which it's often impossible to see the layout of the junction ahead at a time when it's fast approaching!
  • JonnyP01
    JonnyP01 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    ... in fact my wife now needs a new satnav and refuses to go for the Tom Tom because of this irritating feature.
  • miketorcy
    miketorcy Posts: 3,560
     Superuser
    It is the same for my GF, she prefer keep her old GO1000 and pay 50€ every year for live service than buy a new GO5200 because of the new navcore.
  • Andy357
    Andy357 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    This has been driving me crazy since I got my Tomtom Go 510 -my previous Go 530 allowed you to move the Instruction Panel to one side of the screen which was perfect. I recently bought a Garmin Drivesmart in exasperation, but that was a mistake. There are several significant improvements on this latest Tomtom operating system but I hate how few options there are compared to the old one (circa 2009).