FAQ - What is MyDrive and what can I do with it? - Page 5 — TomTom Community

FAQ - What is MyDrive and what can I do with it?

1235»

Comments

• EandvikEandvik Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi VideoPipeline,

I'm glad to hear you got this figure out and thanks for sharing all these tips! :D I'll link the one with the screenshots the the FAQ as well.

If you save a route in MyDrive it's indeed converted to a track which only includes the start and end points. Route syncing works by design as you describe by choosing Send route to device after planning it.

There's currently no "auto-sync" as you describe but syncing routes and destinations is done through the quick menu. My Places are synced automatically when you save a new My Place either in MyDrive or your device/app.

Cheers, Mikko

Mikko, I've read all the info here, but still have a problem: I like to take multi-day trips without bringing my computer, so I'm using Tomtom Go on my android phone. What would be REALLY USEFUL for me is to create a multi-stop route ON THE PHONE, and be able to sync it (whether auto-sync or any other way!) so that it will show up on my GPS with all the stops. Is there any way to do that? Thanks for the help!
  • EandvikEandvik Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Just to clarify, the option "send to device" doesn't show up on the mobile app.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

I updated the FAQ with a new video instructing transferring favourites from an old device and an update (13) regarding the search on MyDrive.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Jan.Jan. Posts: 101 [Master Traveler]
    I see now where I should post suggestions to MyDrive. Made a separate post about it and a reply suggested I should phone in my suggestions. But looking at this thread I think this is a good place to put the info.
    Below is the info I posted before.
    As to my use and perspective of MyDrive and the use of my nav device, a TRUCKER 6000, I am a coach driver traveling a big part of Europe.

==========================

- switch traffic info on/off: being able to switch off current traffic info when planning a route. I do not need any delays on a trip I will drive in a few days, on a different time. I want straightforward time/distance calculations. Me and my TRUCKER 6000 will figure out the rest during the trip
    - being able to switch an/off POI's/My Places on the map: I have various " My Places" across Europe I want to keep but don't want to see all the time. Being able to switch them off would clear out the map. Finding these POI's when switched off would be done via the " My Places" list as they could be differently coloured, and on the map they would show as a very small bright dot, nothing more.
    - being able to attach different labels and colors to the POI's across the map: would be nice to differentiate between a hotel and a raststätte

And as a general note, things are really getting better with MyDrive. I have been using it for more than a year. I like the new smaller, lighter nav label currently in MyDrive. It inspired me to put down the above suggestions. I had more but misplaced my notes. Keep up the good work.

As to maps and my TRUCKER 6000, and a community willing to help, add a log/screenshot button to the UI. I want to help correct wrong data, but I do not have the time nor the tools to log things while driving. Taking my phone out of the holder and make photos is not something I will do with 60 people watching me. Pressing a button on my nav device however, is completely normal. Connect those screenshots/logs to my device, my account and give me a headsup I uploaded data, so I can add my suggestions to the screenshots/log.
    If you want to improve your product with help of the community ...... give them tools.

Cheers,
    Jan.
  • petrolhead276petrolhead276 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Why are Itineraries not supported on the Go Live 825 model?

I am planning on driving the NC500 road in Scotland in 2018 and it would be a real benefit to me to be able to load ITN or GPX files to my 825 model. But it does not appear that "my Routes" is supported for that model.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,976 Superusers
    Hi
    The NAV3 Go Live 825 has very limited Itinerary planning options... You can only plan a route directly on the device, the route can only have a Start point... 3 Stops/Waypoints... and an Endpoint

Might be worth a look
    The Free “Tyre to Travel” program works with the standard NAV3 Tomtoms using POI Categories

Creating and Loading POI Categories into your Tomtom using the free version of Tyre to Travel
    A kind of remote Itinerary planning on your PC

Download the Free Tyre to Travel..... http://www.tyretotravel.com/download-tyre/

Tyre To Travel uses the large screen on your PC to view the maps, it easier than to scrolling around the screen of your Tomtom Via to find your waypoints (Stops)
    Note..... Click the yellow box on Tyre screen to search for addresses

With the latest Tyre you can compile a route on your PC, and convert it a "POI Category" Inside the .Ov2 POI file will be your POIs (To force the Category to appear at the top of the POI categories list in your Tomtom I called mine "AAA Trip (Put today's date or some trip identifier here)”
    Inside the POI category will be your POIs: on your Tomtom they will show in the order by distance from your present location.

If you use some naming system like like the suggestion below, when you load them on to your Tomtom they should end up in Numerical Order inside your POI Category.

While you are planning your route in Tyre, if you edit the names of your POI's so they each POI has a unique name (Say "01stop", "02stop", "03stop" etc ... then the last on as "##End" the ## being the last Stop number) I just add the “01stop” "02stop", "03stop" etc…as a prefix to the Name offered by Tyre
    After you have planned your route using Tyre and you are happy with the result go to the 'File Menu' in Tyre click on 'Convert to a Tomtom POI file’ at the popup window answer 'Yes'

You can then upload the POI Category into your Tomtom using the....

d62e613e-f437-434d-b982-1a82d1129909.png
    Button and then navigate from POI to POI with your Tomtom planning the routes between the POI's.

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

thanks for your detailed reply.

i have & have used tyre before, a very useful app.

i had thought that the same programmers had now launched the site www.myrouteapp.com as a replacement to tyre.

i will give your suggestion & detailed instructions a try.

lesson learnt when buying the portable sat nav for the wife, check the features in case one uses it themselves. LOL

personally I like to just drag & drop things, but it appears that all TomTom products are moving across to the mydrive solution for updates, whilst I understand the commercial benefits of this to appeal to people with less technical skills, I do wish it was also still possible to drag and drop an ov2 or itn file.
  • broony 555broony 555 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Loosing the will to live with this tomtom 520 pro.

I,m uploading the poi file and its taking it but when i search for any of the places they,re not there??So its like its taking the file but only some of it.

To make it clearer its my work places i,ve been to 734 of them added over years,its a 32kb ovi file so not big but when i search for various places only some will appear,for example parking-nothing and i know theres about 50 on there.

Cant understand why a 7 yr old xxl can work so well yet a £250 premium product??can go backwards.Only had it a week and it looks like its going back already.