MySports Connect App - version for Android tablets?

rjm012rjm012 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 which is a fairly recent model Android tablet. I'd like to download MySports Connect for my tablet but there's no available version in the Google Play Store. My tablet is running Android 6.0.1 with Bluetooth 4.1 so it meets the minimum requirements for running MySports.

I know there's a MySports version for the iPad tablet. Is there a version for an Android tablet in the works?

Comments

  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,673 Superusers
    rjm012 wrote:
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 which is a fairly recent model Android tablet. I'd like to download MySports Connect for my tablet but there's no available version in the Google Play Store. My tablet is running Android 6.0.1 with Bluetooth 4.1 so it meets the minimum requirements for running MySports.

    I know there's a MySports version for the iPad tablet. Is there a version for an Android tablet in the works?

    There is no tablet version, there are simply Android or iOS versions that work on both phones and tablets. They limit availability in the store to known compatible devices so if yours will not allow it to download, it may be incompatible. You can try to side load it through sites other than the Google Play store, but you do take a risk of malware, etc.

    I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • rjm012rjm012 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Can the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 be added on the list of compatible devices? I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed to be installed on the Tab S2. It runs Android 6.0.1 and has Bluetooth 4.1. How hard can it be to add the Tab S2 to the list of compatible devices?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,673 Superusers
    rjm012 wrote:
    Can the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 be added on the list of compatible devices? I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed to be installed on the Tab S2. It runs Android 6.0.1 and has Bluetooth 4.1. How hard can it be to add the Tab S2 to the list of compatible devices?

    It is probably off for a reason. Just because it runs 6.0.1 does not mean it is compatible. New Android releases change the Bluetooth interfaces in subtle ways. And then, manufacturers will sometimes also add their own layers on top of the base android. And, on top of that there are different Bluetooth chip sets, and other apps which may also be using same BT resources. The BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, antenna configurations, etc. TomTom does monitor the forums and note these sort of requests, but they will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

    I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • rjm012rjm012 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    rjm012 wrote:
    Can the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 be added on the list of compatible devices? I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed to be installed on the Tab S2. It runs Android 6.0.1 and has Bluetooth 4.1. How hard can it be to add the Tab S2 to the list of compatible devices?

    It is probably off for a reason. Just because it runs 6.0.1 does not mean it is compatible. New Android releases change the Bluetooth interfaces in subtle ways. And then, manufacturers will sometimes also add their own layers on top of the base android. And, on top of that there are different Bluetooth chip sets, and other apps which may also be using same BT resources. The BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, antenna configurations, etc. TomTom does monitor the forums and note these sort of requests, but they will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

    I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

    I side loaded MySports Connect on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and it works with no issues whatsoever. This makes all of those "reasons" listing various Bluetooth technical jargon as invalid. There is no good reason the Tab S2 should not be on the compatible list.

    But for now, side loading works. Thanks for that suggestion.
  • JamXJamX Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    YES !, side loading worked. Good suggestion. Latest Version . :-)
  • Johnny.29Johnny.29 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I'm interesting to by the galaxy tab s2 and I would be sure that the TomTom sports app still works fine.
    The question was made some months ago, but today the app works without issues? Thaks
  • CK40CK40 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Having recently purchased the tablet S2 I too am dissappointed that I am unable to download the app. It currently is the only personal device which I have to download the data thus very dissappointed to find out that this is not possible. Can TOMTOM review its app and make it ompatible for S2 tablets
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online64

Bikerfan
Bikerfan
Justyna
Justyna
ploum115
ploum115
Soringabriel
Soringabriel
U. N. Wichtig
U. N. Wichtig
+59 Guests