TomTom Runner 2 wont recognize — TomTom Community

TomTom Runner 2 wont recognize

infernalinfernal Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello to all,
Today after running I wanna connect my watch to computer but my watch respond badly. First, i can't charge my watch. Screen going white, than hands, time and like 5 times in 2 seconds. Then Windows says he can't recognize this device - error.
Is my watch broken?
I can't do any reset cause this device can't even connect to app. Even so, watch reset himself without my help but still, i can't do anythin.

HELP PLEASE>

Comments

• infernalinfernal Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Cabel is damage. I bought this watch this year. Guarantee ?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,684
    Superusers
    The cable is warrantied the same as the watch, one year or two depending on where you are. However, that error is not usually caused by a bad cable. I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed.*
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for MySports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in MySports Connect.
    * If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.

If that does not work you should call Customer Support. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    It's cable for sure. My friend got cabel from TomTom3 which I borrow and there's no error, charge without problems. AND he have much better and stronger end. I post waranty topic but nooone from TomTom help me. https://pl.support.tomtom.com/app/questions/detail/i_id/35660445

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,684
    Superusers
    infernal wrote:
    It's cable for sure. My friend got cabel from TomTom3 which I borrow and there's no error, charge without problems. AND he have much better and stronger end. I post waranty topic but nooone from TomTom help me. https://pl.support.tomtom.com/app/questions/detail/i_id/35660445

Did you follow my advice to call them? Calling is a more direct approach, emails can be ignored and left in a queue. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.