My watch wont "Get Going" in Running, Cycling or Freestyle mode.

Kat NZKat NZ Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi,
My watch wont "Get Going" in the Running, Cycling or Freestyle modes. I will select the mode and it was say "please wait", will find my heartbeat and then nothing. After a few minutes it goes back to the clock screen. All the other modes work as they should.
My watch is up-to-date and about 6 months old. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,612 Superusers
    It sounds like it cannot find GPS as they are all GPS enabled modes. Are you updating the QuickGPS file a minimum of every three days by syncing the watch? This caches the expected satellite locations and makes for quicker attainment. Also do not try to get signal while moving, you are just making it harder on the watch. Best to just sit still with the button pointing skyward (or take it off and place it on a flat surface) until it finds the GPS. Make sure the watch is in an unobstructed area without large buildings, tree cover or reflective surfaces as this will cause a lot of interference. It will also take longer the first time you are in a new location but will speed up thereafter as it caches the location data for that spot. Once you get the Go it is best to give it another minute or two as Go is just the minimum satellites locked on. The longer you wait the more it will grab and the better your signal will be.

You may also want to try a factory reset in case it is a firmware issue and if all else fails contact Customer Support who cad dig in much deeper to determine if it is a hardware issue.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.