last update — TomTom Community

last update

my Tom Tom is a 700 go it has a fixed hard drive and on the last update of which i have always purchased a full Europe map and cameras it now informs me that this map which i have already paid for (no warning before i paid for) will no longer fit and has only installed the uk and Ireland parts on to the machine, so i tried to do a restore and it now said that the original file which i had already installed is too large to fit, how come it was on there before? so i can only conclude that Tom Tom must think i have had this unit long enough and its time to invest in a new one and i feel forced to buy the new model. To get a compatible new model i would need the go 520 and that is a lot of money. When i purchased the 700 it cost £499 +the car kit and an extension gps aerial because i had a solar front wind screen, + all the updates for maps and speed cameras so i think i have invested heavily into Tom Tom and i am not happy with this ordeal at all, any one else in the same predicament? Jason Evans, Leominster

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,975 Superusers
    Hi
    After every update the Maps increase in detail and size eventually you can't fit a quart into a pint pot... So somthing has to give
    How often do you drive in Europe ??? Are Europe Map Zones available for you ???

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Like I said if the update information was given before I made the purchase it would have been acceptable. I would hot have chosen the full Europe map over the past 15 years if I didn't use it would I, tippicle corporate response.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,975 Superusers
    Hi
    @jason gunny evans
    Typical corporate response.
    Not from me!!! Just common-sense... I'm just a Tomtom user like yourself

Ring Tomtom support United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'