TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Fitness points for swimming??

KC73KC73 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
Is there any way of accruing fitness points for swimming. I know it's based on heartrate and that the watch can't measure this during swimming but I was a bit horrified to see my fitness age and would like to get it down this year but I do a lot of swimming and wondered if there was any way of getting fitness points 'credits' for this?
Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,612 Superusers
    There is no way to get fitness points for swimming, even if you had HR. Fitness points are tied to VO2Max, which is only measured for running or cycling, so you will never get fitness points or fitness age for swimming. I would not worry about it, I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and while it does refine its readings over time but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.