TomTom Golfer Storage Full — TomTom Community

TomTom Golfer Storage Full

charlesiggcharlesigg Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
I have a Tom Tom Golfer on version 1.0.25 . It said there was an error when I plugged it in to my Windows Computer last night. It would "fix it", so I selected "reset" and updated it overnight.
All appeared Ok on the PC App screen, saying it was charged and ready to use.
I disconnected the Golfer from the PC, and the Golfer started to show "storage full".
I couldnt do anything with it. It switches between the default clock, and the screen saying Storage full
Please can someone respond with a fix. Thanks
The

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,567
    Superusers
    You need to do a factory reset to clear out the watch memory. You will then have to reload your courses. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • charlesiggcharlesigg Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Unfortunately your advice did not work.
    I have done both a regular Reset (when Fix it) didn't work, which didn't work, then as per your advice I did a Factory Reset but I am still getting Storage Full message, despite there no longer being any scorecards. The Storage Full message appears within 10 seconds of unplugging the watch from the charger/connector. So the problem still persists.
    What else can be done to fix this?
    Actually, the message now reads "Storage Low", rather than Storage Full.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi charlesigg,

Welcome to the Community!

This is usually caused by fragmentation of the memory. Installing global courses in the Setting of Sports Connect should fix this.

If it doesn't resolve this then please get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to help you further in this case.

Cheers, lampard
  • anabelaanabela Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yo lo he devuelto a la tienda y fin del problema. Probaré otra famosa marca que no da problemas sin estrenar el reloj
  • Teresa118Teresa118 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Have TOMTOM GOLFER brand new and exactly the same problem, a bit disheartening.
  • pm2112pm2112 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Just got a new TOMTOM Golfer Premium. Set it up yesterday and paired with mobile app, seemingly with no issues until sometime later (without actually using it) I noticed the watch face displayed a PC icon with the words "tomtom.com/reset" underneath it; attempting to move up/down/left/right had no effect. I connected the device to the PC and TomTom Sports Connect prompted me to reset the device, which I did. I was then prompted to register and do a course update which I also did. After unplugging the watch from PC after the update completed I then got the "Storage Full" message on the watch. I've spent most of today trying various suggestions such as a factory reset or just simply doing a course update without a reset and I still get the "Storage Full" message displayed as soon as I unplug the watch from my PC.

FAQs on tomtom.com are no help for this particular issue so I clicked on the "Contact Customer Care" button on the website and nothing happened.

Any suggestions in addition to those already given would be much appreciated. Failing that does anyone know a UK contact 'phone number or email address so that I can request a refund?
  • Violhaven15Violhaven15 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    2 month ago I updated my TomTom golfer as I planed to go to Thailand and Egypt for a 2 month longstay holiday. Since then I have the same problem as mentioned. The problem must be I Tomtom softwareproblem, and I expect that Tomtom-company will solve the problem very fast.
    My Tomtomgolfer is now 12 month old and I never have had any problem before.
  • pm2112pm2112 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Just spoken to UK customer services about this issue. As Violhaven15 suggests it does sound like a software issue, whereby the factory reset isn't clearing all of the data from memory. A software update was issued recently and since then TomTom have seen an increase in the number of people reporting the "Storage Full" issue. In view of this the matter has been escalated to the developers. If a solution isn't found soon they may roll back to the previous software release as temporary remedial measure. A solution, temporary or otherwise, could be forthcoming within a week, and I'll be informed by email when this happens. Hope this helps!
    Here's hoping they release a fix soon. I've done everything asked. 2 regular resets and two factory resets, and reloaded the courses,. It is still showing Storage Full and Storage Low. Atleast it now finds my course and works but constantly being interrupted by Storage Full and Storage Low messages on the same day. This is becoming very annoying and time consuming to continue doing Resets.
  • MikkoSPMikkoSP Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Mine beeps also continuously about "Storage". Played now couple rounds and showing distances is ok but cannot save scorecard on watch, which is highly annoying. Hope there will be downgrade of firmware soon.
  • Jasehardy11Jasehardy11 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    4 days on from last post and mine is still at it. Are you all still struggling with this issue.
    typically I’ve just upgraded to the golfer 2 and was resetting my old one for my friend and now it’s playing up as per above. ?
  • MichalaMichala Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem. I have had the watch only a few weeks and after a factory reset and installing courses again it would not work and said storage low. I did another reset and installed courses but the installation would not complete and told me to reset again. Tried this 3 times today and finally the courses said they were installed (PC message). When I disconnected from the dock, the watch then said storage full, beeped and won't work. Please sort out a software fix or refund as this watch seems bricked. I have only used it 3 or 4 times and had it less than a month!
  • LeftyPPLeftyPP Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Another victim of the update disaster. I'm very disappointed as I wanted to use my Tom Tom golfer abroad and thought it wise to update it.
    All kind of resets done with no result. The "storage full"message continue to reappear.
    Hopefully a fix will be made available soon.
    I have now official statement from TomTom regarding the issue: "We are aware of the problem and fixing it. Unfortunatelly there is no solution to fix it immediatelly". Reading between the lines, it seems that it'll take rather long for them to fix the issue. Just wondering if it's time to change to Garmin since nobody gives actual date when this should be fixed. Just annoying when you're not able to use the watch on a golf course.
    I have now official statement from TomTom regarding the issue: "We are aware of the problem and fixing it. Unfortunatelly there is no solution to fix it immediatelly". Reading between the lines, it seems that it'll take rather long for them to fix the issue. Just wondering if it's time to change to Garmin since nobody gives actual date when this should be fixed. Just annoying when you're not able to use the watch on a golf course.
    Thanks Mikko. This is terrible! Not even a ball park figure of days, weeks, months?
  • DirkVdKDirkVdK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I bought this watch just over 3 weeks ago. It worked for a week, I did an update and it failed to find my golf course via GPS.
    I have now done a factory reset 2 times and the "storage low" message (still) shows. Worse is that I'm now unable to the QuickfixGPS wich makes the watch completely useless.
    Somebody with some authority at Tom Tom needs to decide to roll back to a working version of the software and to test the new version properly in dev/test prior to releasing it to users again8
    So far very disappointed in this product!!
  • Jon52Jon52 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just want to add my name to the people with 'Storage Full' on golfer 2 Watch. Hope the fix is given highest priority and becomes available soon.
    So Tom Tom have so far ignored my email direct to them about this. Here is a question. If the watch is still within manufacturers warranty period and currently not FFP (fit for purpose) surely under consumer law we can take it back and demand a refund?
    Does anyone from TomTom monitor these discussion pages on their website?
    TomTom please reassure us you are doing something and soon......
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user] have some kind of connection to the company or at least have commented previous issues with some inside knowledge. Would be highly appreciated if somebody from the company would comment on if the problem is going to be fixed or not. If it is, when?
  • jdwet1980jdwet1980 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Could someone from Tomtom please advice on the storage issues? Is this a software or hardware issue? Will a update roll out to adress this? Should we send our watches to be repaired???
  • hzandvoohzandvoo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hopefully TomTom fixes the issue of “storage full” quickly. A new software update is urgently needed, resetting the watch does not solve the problem.
  • Petermac42Petermac42 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have a Tom Tom golfer and all the above things are happening also the battery wont hold a charge i have done several resets and still it wont work i'm about to get my fix all tool out (hammer) and fix it for once and for all, come on tom tom and sort this mess out.