How to display a wide route bar?

cruiZercruiZer Posts: 58 [Prominent Wayfarer]
http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/new_GO/html/en-gb/RouteBar.htm

The narrow Route Bar shows on both of my phones. On one phone it gets wider when needed, but not on my other phone.
Both use the same version 1.17. On both phones I can't find the option to switch on the wide bar, but as I wrote on one phone it switches to wide anyway.

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,052 [Supreme Pioneer]
    You quoted the part of the manual which says: "Note: The wide route bar can only be shown if the screen is wide enough." so setting that option is all you can do and apparently only one of your phones allows that feature.
  • g123g123 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    If the screen resolution isn't high enough, you won't even see the option to turn on the wide bar.
  • cruiZercruiZer Posts: 58 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    The phone that does automatically switch to a wide bar when needed, doesn't have an option to switch the wide bar on/off, but still it shows the bar.
    The phone that doesn't show the wider bar is an old and small neXus 2. But even then I would still expect the option because the app also works with a rotated view.

So both phones have no option to configure the wide bar but one phone show it anyway.
  • g123g123 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I don't know why your phone shows the wide bar even when there's no option, but I do know that phones will still work in landscape (rotated) view but not be able to show the wide bar if they are not high enough resolution.

I had that problem with my own phone but I changed the DPI and now I have both the option, and the wide bar.

You may well be able to do that on your old phone. You can try following instructions like https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/change-your-androids-screen-resolution-without-root-access-0160439/ ... any questions you have about that you need to be asked on that site!