Does Spark 3 has same size as the spark? — TomTom Community

Does Spark 3 has same size as the spark?

dayssedaysse Posts: 31 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
I just compared the spark and spark 3 specifications and they are the same size, so are the straps and cable compatible? What is improved?

Comments

• alehelalehel Posts: 143 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Route exploration is new. Also, based on the video they posted on twitter, it seems the hrm has changed (it looks a bit different). I'm very curious as to what changes were made to the hrm. A lot has happened in a year in regards to the accuracy of such devices
  • FreemanixFreemanix Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    If you click on accessories for Runner 3, you will see a list of new straps and Runner 2 is listed as compatible product with them.

The question is, when will the new straps be available?
  • alehelalehel Posts: 143 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Apparently the new straps are supposed to be more comfortable. If that is the case I might buy one for my spark.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,770 Superusers
    daysse wrote:
    I just compared the spark and spark 3 specifications and they are the same size, so are the straps and cable compatible? What is improved?

Same hardware size and they use the same straps (the Adventurer has an altimeter port on the back but that does not impact the strap), so you can interchange the straps among all the Spark models (but not the older Runner & MultiSport).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • DwijayaDwijaya Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    daysse wrote:
    Same hardware size and they use the same straps (the Adventurer has an altimeter port on the back but that does not impact the strap), so you can interchange the straps among all the Spark models (but not the older Runner & MultiSport).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

i wonder why the same spec still had a different output regarding the map, why took so long?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,770 Superusers
    Dwijaya wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    daysse wrote:

i wonder why the same spec still had a different output regarding the map, why took so long?
    The map feature requires a magnetic compass which was added to later models without impacting the unit size.
  • DwijayaDwijaya Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Dwijaya wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    daysse wrote:

The map feature requires a magnetic compass which was added to later models without impacting the unit size.

well said, noted that spark 3 has a magnetic compass