Runner 3: Bunch of problems since last update (1.7.53)

ratiugratiug Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I've had the watch since May of this year. For the most part it has worked fine until the last few days.

Since last updating the watch I began noticing various issues: heart rate monitor just never worked on a few runs and activities; faulty connectivity with headphones; increase in time it took for phone to recognize device and begin syncing.

Then the real trouble began, which has ultimately deemed to watch useless. It will simply not sync with Sports app on iOS. First the app would take forever to pickup watch signal when watch was "woken up," then it began giving me "connection issues" messages on the app as well as on Sports connect on Mac-- never syncing any info. Eventually it did sync with the OS Mac app but then never logged my last activities, or automatically took me to the 'mysports' and 'strava' websites like it usually does post-sync .

I then did the "forget device" thing on the phone, but then when I tried to pair the devices again the watch refused to show me any PIN and I was never able to pair.

So I erased and reinstalled the apps, both on the iPhone and Mac, then did a factory reset on the watch.

Now the watch is completely reset. Watch and both apps completely up-to-date. When connected to the computer/OS Mac app, it will go through the usual "preparing, syncing, tidying up" sequence and ultimately leave me at "Ready to Go, Charging," as it has always done. Seems like everything is ok.

However, on the iPhone iOS app: with watch woken up and everything as it should be (bluetooth turned on...etc), iOS app will simply never find it when searching for new device, rather proceed to ask me if software is up to date...

On watch: If I go to Settings > Phone > Pair New > Start The App: It quickly (for a split second) switches to the 'Enter PIN' screen but then takes me back to the main Settings screen.

I don't know what else to do. Would hate to keep using the watch with the intention of logging-in my training, only to have them disappear like they've done so in the past couple of days. HELP! Please and thank you

Comments

• RoadrollerRoadroller Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    ratiug wrote:
    I've had the watch since May of this year. For the most part it has worked fine until the last few days.

Since last updating the watch I began noticing various issues: heart rate monitor just never worked on a few runs and activities; faulty connectivity with headphones; increase in time it took for phone to recognize device and begin syncing.

Then the real trouble began, which has ultimately deemed to watch useless. It will simply not sync with Sports app on iOS. First the app would take forever to pickup watch signal when watch was "woken up," then it began giving me "connection issues" messages on the app as well as on Sports connect on Mac-- never syncing any info. Eventually it did sync with the OS Mac app but then never logged my last activities, or automatically took me to the 'mysports' and 'strava' websites like it usually does post-sync .

I then did the "forget device" thing on the phone, but then when I tried to pair the devices again the watch refused to show me any PIN and I was never able to pair.

So I erased and reinstalled the apps, both on the iPhone and Mac, then did a factory reset on the watch.

Now the watch is completely reset. Watch and both apps completely up-to-date. When connected to the computer/OS Mac app, it will go through the usual "preparing, syncing, tidying up" sequence and ultimately leave me at "Ready to Go, Charging," as it has always done. Seems like everything is ok.

However, on the iPhone iOS app: with watch woken up and everything as it should be (bluetooth turned on...etc), iOS app will simply never find it when searching for new device, rather proceed to ask me if software is up to date...

On watch: If I go to Settings > Phone > Pair New > Start The App: It quickly (for a split second) switches to the 'Enter PIN' screen but then takes me back to the main Settings screen.

I don't know what else to do. Would hate to keep using the watch with the intention of logging-in my training, only to have them disappear like they've done so in the past couple of days. HELP! Please and thank you
    I have the same problem after the software upgrade to 1.7.53. The Bluetooth broke off from my iPhone and I had to re-pair it but it just failed to pair and the watch screen just go back to settings after showing the PIN for a few seconds.
  • djlukodjluko Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Exactly the same problem as me - I've got a Runner 2 Cardio. Just updated to the 1.7.53 update, and now when I try to sync with the Sports app (iPhone 6S, running iOS 11.0.2), no dice.

Great little watch, for the most part I love it, just wish it would sync! Just have to wait for the next update I guess..
  • Michael ProcterMichael Procter Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    ratiug wrote:

Check that Tom Tom watch isn't in Bluetooth settings on the iPhone. If it is, forget device. Then it will eventually pair via the app.
  • SwollmannSwollmann Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    hallo , i need make a downgrade in my spark cardio musik , currently i have the version 1.7.62 and i cant syncing my watch with my phone , i have a iphone 6 plus IOS11
    some sugestion ? Which version is more stable? pls , i need to have my watch syncing again ... and i cant find no one solution, i already follow the whole steps , i did the factory reset but its not back to the factory version , i already make my phone bluetooth forget the pairing , i did everything all and its not work , i think only a downgrade ...
    I’m on 1.7.60 and found it to be pretty reliable. Spark 3, iPhone X iOS 11.2.1
  • ZaynoZayno Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi All,

I have a Runner 3 watch. I updated it this week to the 1.7.62 software and have the same problem as a lot of other users.

The watch will sync on my computer through the Tom Tom Connect platform but will no longer sync via bluetooth to the My Sports app on my Iphone 6 (IOS 10). The watch will also not pair with my TomTom bluetooth headphones either. I receive a pin on the watch, but once entered in the app, the app fails to connect or at times does not give me a chance to enter the pin at all. My Iphone also can't pick up the Runner 3 watch under its bluetooth settings either.

Curiously I have a TomTom Golfer 1 watch, which still works and syncs with the MySports app on my phone perfectly.

I've tried all the suggested fixes for the Runner 3: forgetting the device in the app/settings on the phone; turning the phone on and off; reseting to default factory settings etc.. Nothing has worked.

This a software issue on TomTom's end which clearly needs to be resolved. I have sent an email detailing the nature of the complaint to TomTom online support but have not received a response as yet. It looks like the latest software updates are preventing the bluetooth functionality on our devices from operating.

It's a pity that TomTom has not contacted their customers of their own volition to provide details on a solution or an update at the very least. People have been validly voicing their concerns for a few months now.

Unless you are willing to return to an older version of the software, it looks like we'll have to wait for another future software update that will hopefully resolve the problem. There does not seem to be a timeline as to when that will happen?

It's such a pity, because the Runner 3 is simple to use.

TomTom after sales customer support has a lot to be desired however. They need to improve their customer service levels.
  • WizardlingWizardling Posts: 35 [Master Traveler]
    Welcome to the seemingly never ending shambolic train wreck that is TomTom's fitness products. I can't believe it's now 2018 and I still have BT sync issues and now a frequently crashing Sports app when BT syncing is trying to take place :-(
    Zayno wrote:
    Hi All,

I have a Runner 3 watch. I updated it this week to the 1.7.62 software and have the same problem as a lot of other users.

The watch will sync on my computer through the Tom Tom Connect platform but will no longer sync via bluetooth to the My Sports app on my Iphone 6 (IOS 10). The watch will also not pair with my TomTom bluetooth headphones either. I receive a pin on the watch, but once entered in the app, the app fails to connect or at times does not give me a chance to enter the pin at all. My Iphone also can't pick up the Runner 3 watch under its bluetooth settings either.

Curiously I have a TomTom Golfer 1 watch, which still works and syncs with the MySports app on my phone perfectly.

I've tried all the suggested fixes for the Runner 3: forgetting the device in the app/settings on the phone; turning the phone on and off; reseting to default factory settings etc.. Nothing has worked.

This a software issue on TomTom's end which clearly needs to be resolved. I have sent an email detailing the nature of the complaint to TomTom online support but have not received a response as yet. It looks like the latest software updates are preventing the bluetooth functionality on our devices from operating.

It's a pity that TomTom has not contacted their customers of their own volition to provide details on a solution or an update at the very least. People have been validly voicing their concerns for a few months now.

Unless you are willing to return to an older version of the software, it looks like we'll have to wait for another future software update that will hopefully resolve the problem. There does not seem to be a timeline as to when that will happen?

It's such a pity, because the Runner 3 is simple to use.

TomTom after sales customer support has a lot to be desired however. They need to improve their customer service levels.

I guess you did delete the watch from Bluetooth settings. That is the general cause of the not getting the PIN not to come up.
  • ZaynoZayno Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @Michael Procter thanks for the reply, yes I did try the Bluetooth deletion to no avail. I've requested to move to an older version of the software: 1.7.60 - waiting for tomtom to process the request. It's the only way to use sync/pair the watch with the phone app although you'll lose some of the new tomtom features.

@Wizardling I'm from South Africa mate, poor service comes with the territory ??? typical big corporate business model - try and make it as difficult as possible to contact them after you buy the product with no replies to your emails or calls or if a reply is given it's meaningless and unhelpful.