Quality of sleep tracking — TomTom Community

Quality of sleep tracking

Manna123Manna123 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Now you can only see the time of sleep from your tomtom touch application, but i think it would be interesting and more useful to see the quality of sleep. So you could see how much there has been REM-sleep and how much light sleep for instance.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,326
    Superusers
    All it is using to sense sleep is movement; it does not look at HR or other factors so it would have to make assumptions as to quality of sleep based strictly on movement, which I imagine varies widely by person. Some people sleep like rocks and never move and some people shift a lot. The quality of sleep is the same for them, they just sleep differently. I think many of the devices and apps out there are just making wild guesses as they do not have brainwave monitors on or anything. They are just making assumptions based on your movement as well but putting it into a nice looking interface with lots of graphs to make it seem like they know more. It would be nice if TT could somehow detect and quantify the movement on a chart like you can with HR to see when you are shifting around more. They could possibly factor HR in somehow to detect when there is no movement and a lowered heart rate.

In any case, TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices, so I would expect at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major like changes to sleep tracking.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.