Speed Cameras in Europe

ShufflerShuffler Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,

I was using my TomTom app in UK for many miles and everything was working just fine, including Speed Cameras, but when I drove abroad through the France to the Switzerland the speed cameras just were not there... Even if I saw them on the road, the app did not alert me about them. Do you know why? I just downloaded the whole Europe map hoping for some change but nothing happen.

Thank you.

App ver: TomTom Go Android v1.17.1

Comments

• Tiffie29Tiffie29 Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    Hi
    I think you will find that Speed Camera Alerts on Sat Navs in France are illegal. I seem to remember some years ago I used to get camera updates for my GO910 and then there was an update that removed all the French cameras as it was now illegal to display them. I have noticed that my current Sat Nav (GO6100) displays certain 'zones' where speed may be monitored.
    Hope that helps. Merry Christmas.
  • ShufflerShuffler Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tiffie29 wrote:
    Hi
    I think you will find that Speed Camera Alerts on Sat Navs in France are illegal. I seem to remember some years ago I used to get camera updates for my GO910 and then there was an update that removed all the French cameras as it was now illegal to display them. I have noticed that my current Sat Nav (GO6100) displays certain 'zones' where speed may be monitored.
    Hope that helps. Merry Christmas.

Hi, thank you for your answer. I just found information on TomTom's site explaining everything I wanted to know. Basiacally few EU countries got different law about having speed camera detecting device, so TomTom does not support speed camera detecting in these countries or it is giving us only "danger zones" which are not that accuarate. Anyway, here is the link for people who might have same problem as me or got more questions.

link: TomTom speed camera service and the law

Thank you :)