TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

How to upload music to Spark

mdecampmdecamp Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I've spent the past hour trying to figure out how to upload music to my Spark. I've downloaded the app, paired my BlueTooth headphones and listened to the pre-installed music. I've watched how-to videos and searched the forum. Everything tells me to go to the music tab but there is no such thing that I can find. At this point, I'm pretty close to concluding that this watch isn't for me and that it's much easier to just run with my iPhone. Should I continue to try to figure out how to upload music? Or should I simply return the watch and get another brand?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,601 Superusers
    mdecamp wrote:
    I've spent the past hour trying to figure out how to upload music to my Spark. I've downloaded the app, paired my BlueTooth headphones and listened to the pre-installed music. I've watched how-to videos and searched the forum. Everything tells me to go to the music tab but there is no such thing that I can find. At this point, I'm pretty close to concluding that this watch isn't for me and that it's much easier to just run with my iPhone. Should I continue to try to figure out how to upload music? Or should I simply return the watch and get another brand?

You cannot upload music using the phone app, it can only be done using the PC software (MySports Connect). Depending on your version of MSC there is either a music tab (old version) or a music note icon on the top right which will take you to a music screen (Version 3.0).

Be aware the watch only plays playlists, not individual files. The MySports Connect application talks to Windows Media Player and iTunes (if they are installed) to query the playlists you have created (you cannot upload individual files; they need to be organized into playlists). These playlists are then listed when you connect your watch. You then use MySports Connect to copy the playlists you want to the watch. In iTunes you need to create playlists (the watch only plays playlists, not individual files as there is no folder system on the watch). Once you have the playlists created, dock the watch and hit the scan button on the Music tab in Connect, it will scan the computer for playlists. When it sees the ones you want press the "+" button next to that playlist to add it to the watch. Make sure the tracks are in the right format. If tracks are not in an acceptable format they will not play, nor will the playlists they are in. The watch supports the following music file types:

MP3:
    Sample rate: 16KHz to 48KHz
    Bit rate: 8 kbps to 320 kbps
    Mono/stereo channels and joint stereo.
    Artist, track title and length are displayed for the following languages: English, Czech, Danish, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Finnish and Swedish. Other languages may display correctly if the only used characters available in a supported language.

AAC:
    MPEG2 and MPEG4 AAC-LC and HE-AACv2 are supported.
    Sample rate: up to 48KHz
    Bit rate: up to 320 kbps
    Mono/stereo/dual mono are supported.
    Artist, track title and length for AAC is not supported.

The watch does not support files with DRM of any type. This includes offline tracks from Apple Music and Spotify.

If you are not using Windows Media Player or iTunes then you need to create an .m3u or .m3u8 playlist file (various music programs do this) and then set the Playlist Root Folder from the 'Music' tab of the 'Settings' window (right-click on the watch icon in the system tray). The playlist root folder is searched (and sub-directories) for any .m3u/.m3u8 playlist files and those will be listed (along with any Windows Media Player/iTunes playlists) by MySports Connect when you connect your watch.

If using iTunes, check that iTunes is set to share libraries. You need to click the dropdown at the very top left and select Preferences. On the Advanced tab, make sure there is a check next to "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications".

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mdecampmdecamp Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanx. The MySports Connect wasn't launching. Finally got some playlists set up but disappointed to learn that you can only have 10 playlists. So, now I'm all set to go for a run... But I have to wait for 5 minutes for the GPS or something to sync. Then I actually try to play the music. Nothing will play. $160 for this piece of turn-of-the-century technology? No thanks. This watch is going back and I will never buy another Tom Tom product for the rest of my life.
  • dmstaffdmstaff Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello! Searched the forums for a good few hours post xmas and can't get the computer desktop and sports connect app to see my playlists in Windows. NO DRM or anything like that. Screen shot attached! Thanks!
    7c3675a0-48a4-4836-b2bc-76b23a99d325.jpg