TomTom GO-6100: LIVE Services connectivity will be disconnected permanently. This will happen on 01/ — TomTom Community

TomTom GO-6100: LIVE Services connectivity will be disconnected permanently. This will happen on 01/

sharropsharrop Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi,

I received an email today from "[email protected]" stating that: "We have started the process of deactivating simcards for LIVE services (Traffic, mobile speedcams, etc) on selected devices as they are not being used.

As it has now been almost two years since you used this service, the connectivity for LIVE Services will be disconnected permanently. This will happen on 01/20/2018. Your device will continue working as before and bring you safely to your destinations."

I do use live traffic information on an almost daily basis, and I bought my TomTom GO 6100 on 30 May 2016 on the understanding that it came with "Free lifetime world map updates with the latest map and traffic updates" and that I will "Recieve (sic) TomTom Traffic, Speed Cameras and download 4 or more full updates of any installed map every year, for the life of your product".

Could you please confirm that I will indeed continue to receive live traffic information for the lifetime of this product?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    You will need to straighten this out with support when they are open, especially if, as you say, you ARE using the device on a daily basis:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,564 Superuser
    @sharrop

Did you have a "Live" device before you purchased your GO 6100? As TomTom are very bad at specifying which device their email refer to.
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"