Jaybird X3 compatibility with Spark — TomTom Community

Jaybird X3 compatibility with Spark

JinjoTPJinjoTP Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
Does anyone know if the Jaybird x3s would work on the tomtom spark watch?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,788 Superusers
    JinjoTP wrote:
    Does anyone know if the Jaybird x3s would work on the tomtom spark watch?

Most BT LE headphones should work, but some work better than others. Price seems to not be a factor as the cheaper ones often seem to work better than the expensive ones. This is due to the fact that cheap models are more likely to use the base BT protocols and not customize them for advanced features or settings like more expensive models do (and there is no way of knowing if a manufacturer has tweaked the protocols to take them out of compliance). This is a case where paying more will not increase the chances of connectivity, it may actually decrease it. There are thousands of models out there so there is no way for TT to test them all and since the manufacturers often tweak the BT settings in the headphones there is no way to know upfront if a pair will work or not. At a minimum they need to be BT LE and support A2DP and AVRCP, the two protocols necessary to play music. Your best bet is to buy them from someplace with a good return policy so if they don't work you can return them and try another brand. Hopefully someone happens to read this who has them and can weigh in.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Kurto2021Kurto2021 Posts: 30 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    That would be a no. Damn it!!!!
  • BaerSebastianBaerSebastian Posts: 17 [Legendary Explorer]
    has anyone tried it?
  • Kurto2021Kurto2021 Posts: 30 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Your best bet is to buy them from someplace with a good return policy so if they don't work you can return them and try another brand.

Yeah this is great advice.....Let Best Buy or Amazon pay for the testing that should be done by TomTom

The X3's do not work. I have tried both the X3 and the freedom with no luck
  • mazhromazhro Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
  • tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Yes, the Jaybird X3s do not work with the tomtom spark right now. Of course, we are working on providing a solution, but it may be that Jaybird themselves need to make the change - their previous models worked fine. So I would not expect to find an immediate solution to this. Have Jaybird themselves provided any response to you?
  • mazhromazhro Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Today, my jaybird x3 variable to connected the tomtom spark music. :cool: :cool::cool:

1. factory reset of the tomtom spark music.
    2. @tomtom spark music, press left and press right and press up to searching.
    3. @jaybird x3, press and hold power button until the led flashing red/green.

good luck.!
  • tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Sorry, my comment above was wrong. Looks like some of the jaybirds do, it may be different firmware versions across the X3s.
    By the way you shouldn't need to press L and R on the spark, just up should suffice.
  • fcavalinfcavalin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    After several attempts with "Multiple headphones in range" error, the jaybird X3 was paired with the tomtom spark 3. Now it is working perfectly.
    Yes, Jaybird X3 works with Tomtom Spark 3.
  • galxbgalxb Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @fcavalin, how have you managed to do it? Still trying to figure it out here.
  • fcavalinfcavalin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    First you have to factory reset of the tomtom spark music.
    Then you should try several times to pair between tomtom and Jaybird (I tried for about 1 hour).
    After pairing for the first time the other times are very fast.
  • PRWIPRWI Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Definitely works... I use it (8-D
    1. switch on x3
    2. press up button on spark
    3. wait for connecting(sometime it takes more that couple seconds)

if not connected, try again... sometime it could be tricky if x3 was paired with different device...
  • asquareasquare Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The Jaybird X3 works with Tomtom Runner 3 / Spark.
    1. Press up button on watch from the clock screen to search for headphones.
    2. With your Jaybird X3 turned off, press & hold the POWER button until you see the LED flashing red / green. A voice prompt will say "SEARCHING FOR YOUR MUSIC DEVICE".
    3. Once connected, your X3 voice prompt will say "HEADPHONES CONNECTED". A tick appears on the watch.

I personally feel that connecting the watch & X3 at an isolated area of your house / furthest away from other bluetooth devices works best for me. When pairing, try to place your watch & X3 as close as possible.

Good luck! :D
  • JinjoTPJinjoTP Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Does this work with the newest Jaybird Freedoms as well?
  • asquareasquare Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Should work as the newest X3 works.
  • pk.lunapk.luna Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks fcavalin! I tried without factory reset: something did pair with the headphones but it didn't seem to be the watch. (I do believe it was the watch, but the UI was not reflecting that, and neither was I able to hear the music.)

I did what you said. I factory reset and tried to pair. It looked like more of the same. However, I came back out from selecting the music and asked it to pair again, and there was light, glorious light. I now have non-stop beats and tomorrow I run a little bit harder!

Enjoy!! x3 pairs with spark3 after a bit of fidgeting... ;) . :$
  • DwijayaDwijaya Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I find it very difficult to pairing this two devices.. It won't work
  • DwijayaDwijaya Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Problem solved this afternoon... For you guys who's also had, "multiple headphones in range...." While try to pairing Jaybird X3 with tomtom spark music cardio, you should do the factory reset your TomTom while connecting to computer then try to re pairing again, and it's done, ready to go